Poll: When Should Badges be Wiped?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every 2 Months
4.35%
Every 3 Months
26.09%
Every 6 Months
26.09%
Once a Year
17.39%
Never Again
26.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reset Badges Discussion
now what has happened with the daily rank updates? no updates for the last 2 + days
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2014-08-08, 01:12 PM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: now what has happened with the daily rank updates? no updates for the last 2 + days

oh you are right i forgot to start software

manually updated and error fixed
Very interesting thread and here is my piece:
Note: I am talking both as a long-time player and moderator

The changes haven't really affected me or resulted in me losing interest to the game and in my opinion I believe the suggestion of changing the time from 1 month to 3+ month is suited and better so that players don't feel like having to go through the same process of visiting all the maps and getting badges every month. Maps resetting or not? I don't really mind as a player but if it gets reset then the time-frame should change.

The suggestions mentioned are really good and even better is that a thread like this exists since players can give their opinion on something as important as this. There are of course other things that can increase the activity of player-base but for now I don't see anything else other than this, of course not including V3 features.

As a moderator, I believe that CeFurkan is giving his players a chance to speak and share their opinions. The players who posted or shared their opinions are low but having low response doesn't mean that the owner isn't listening to his community. For example, there will of course be players that agree to the changes and not post, these who have nothing to say or these that don't agree and don't post. I don't think the admin-to-community relationship is that bad.

- dz
if things are ever changed when will it be?

or is it already started?
I don't know when the changes will be since CeFurkan is currently working on two games and of course he has personal life.
ok guys i am going to increase it to once every 3 months Smile
i would prefer 6 looking at the votes though Big Grin
(2014-07-28, 05:16 AM)Psywar Wrote: i have no problems with resetting the badges monthly. But resetting the maps is ridiculous...

^I had problems finding my way out of a paper bag, never gonna find all the maps again, lol Tongue
Thanks cef, that good news Smile
yeah good news Smile
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
AngelI am netural. lol, Look forward to more updating.
Wow. This is quite a heated discussion. I am fairly new here, but I am a long-time gamer and not such a young person anymore. I have definitely been 'around the block', when it comes to MMORPG's.  I really love this game. I think it has become it's own game and it is even better than pokemon.  I have been worried, seeing people return, their badges are gone and they have to walk back through the last few areas and quitting. Some are logging on, but not really playing. I want to see this game do well.  It is like one big guild, in my eyes.  Sadly, I have seen many guilds come and go, some very good and some not so much.  I see several signs of things not going so well.

I thought perhaps some were upset about the badges being reset. I did not understand this, because it is not so hard to get the badges back again. I was only recently directed to this thread. I did not understand the point of resetting the maps. I realized it was to make players work a little harder at getting the badges back, but it did not seem to be a good idea. Obviously, from these responses, I hope that is no longer implemented.  I had also originally thought that the badge reset was mostly so that the inactive players lost their rank.
    I have a different idea, that I have not seen mentioned. If a player is inactive for more than 6 months (perhaps even 3 months), then remove their badges.  I do not believe that would be very difficult to add.  People do not seem to be so upset about the badges, as I had thought. Another option would be to give players the option to have their badges reset. That way, if they are looking for something else to do, they can. I doubt that many would actually do this though. It's just a thought, do with it what you will.
Best Wishes to all.
(2014-09-28, 03:48 AM)pbmurphy7 Wrote: Wow. This is quite a heated discussion. I am fairly new here, but I am a long-time gamer and not such a young person anymore. I have definitely been 'around the block', when it comes to MMORPG's.  I really love this game. I think it has become it's own game and it is even better than pokemon.  I have been worried, seeing people return, their badges are gone and they have to walk back through the last few areas and quitting. Some are logging on, but not really playing. I want to see this game do well.  It is like one big guild, in my eyes.  Sadly, I have seen many guilds come and go, some very good and some not so much.  I see several signs of things not going so well.

I thought perhaps some were upset about the badges being reset. I did not understand this, because it is not so hard to get the badges back again. I was only recently directed to this thread. I did not understand the point of resetting the maps. I realized it was to make players work a little harder at getting the badges back, but it did not seem to be a good idea. Obviously, from these responses, I hope that is no longer implemented.  I had also originally thought that the badge reset was mostly so that the inactive players lost their rank.
    I have a different idea, that I have not seen mentioned. If a player is inactive for more than 6 months (perhaps even 3 months), then remove their badges.  I do not believe that would be very difficult to add.  People do not seem to be so upset about the badges, as I had thought. Another option would be to give players the option to have their badges reset. That way, if they are looking for something else to do, they can. I doubt that many would actually do this though. It's just a thought, do with it what you will.
Best Wishes to all.

well we did this changes to make this game more fair to everyone

why ? because many game mechanic changes effects the badge earning difficulty

so the very first players could have been in advantage over newer players but with this way it is more fair
i do not care if the bages reset just not the zones after steel  that makes no sense anyways i just had no time till recently to play
[Image: 20230703_155353.jpg]
no gif avvys plz
(2014-10-08, 10:26 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: well we did this changes to make this game more fair to everyone

so the very first players could have been in advantage over newer players but with this way it is more fair

Does that mean the map will not get reset anymore?
I dunno everyone else, but its not my fault other players started after i did
My first ancient
[Image: daa154e0-1b59-4c7d-ae84-372078000ab3.png]
Al haber gatos no hay ratones
¬_¬
(2014-10-26, 02:10 AM)tons_o_snot Wrote:
(2014-10-08, 10:26 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: well we did this changes to make this game more fair to everyone

Does that mean the map will not get reset anymore?
I dunno everyone else, but its not my fault other players started after i did

its still gonna happen after every 3 months 
but yeah its not your fault other players started after u did and this is also a disadvantage for old players their works have to be gone again after 3 months so its not really fair
This isn't a disadvantage for older players. They lose a small percentage of their rank but with the PROs that this feature brings, they can very well increase to a better rank position easily. Arenas give massive EXP for more level 100s or new level 110s and with each Arena (19), you can probably make.. 30,000,000 gold by defeating all of them. Maybe even more.
badge and map reset increased to once per 3 months

3, 6, 9, 12 th month of each year first days
Once a year

(2014-07-28, 05:08 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: For my opinion, even though I don't play this much, I think deleting the maps shouldn't happen. Besides the badges being wiped, I believe that the maps being wiped is what aggravated the players even more as they have to re-travel those maps.

Maybe a new suggestion, if it's possible to work on, can come into play. I am thinking.. To add more of a challenge and longevity to gameplay and to spike the player's interest (I'm thinking of this on the spot right now), the second time through the arenas should be more difficult. So a first difficulty for the first time going to them and then when you return to them again after badges being wiped, they're difficulty is raised, making the badges harder to get? Players would be able to work on their pvp skills and work on better monsters.

But for that to happen, change the frequency of the reset with the poll above.

Just an idea guys, don't attack me.

Once again, you have those PROs. I say, this could happen until Version 3 is released?

OK I agree

(2014-11-08, 11:58 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: badge and map reset increased to once per 3 months

3, 6, 9, 12 th month of each year first days

Good