Poll: About move classes
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This is unnessecary information. Kill it with fire.
50.00%
I think this should stay.
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing of "Move Class"
So, I want to talk / ask you about move classes.

CUrrently, they do provide 0! information. Nothing in the entire game is dependant on them. Yes, they "dictate" the move points and what types of monsters can use this move.

However, what would be the case withotu them? People would just be able to distinguish between the move points anyways. "Oh, this attack only has 5 move points? This will be powerful"

The benefits would be that there is one less line in EVERY move in the game to distract your eyes when searching for the important information. And I think, especially for new players, this is worth a lot!
I am no developper / programmer nor an artist / photoshopper

What I do have in turn is 15 years of experience with more or less any browser/client/pokemon - game that exists. I also do not speak english as my native language, however I think it is acceptable.

If anyone feels that he could use my help with anything, be it text, grammar, simple systems in games, new player experience or long term motivation concerning anything about this game, I will be willing to help him / her!

At first, let's revive this forum!
Oh and please, do tell why you think this information is so vital!

What I do have in turn is 15 years of experience with more or less any browser/client/pokemon - game that exists. I also do not speak english as my native language, however I think it is acceptable.

If anyone feels that he could use my help with anything, be it text, grammar, simple systems in games, new player experience or long term motivation concerning anything about this game, I will be willing to help him / her!

Thank you for your time on posting and welcome to the forums Smile

I agree and disagree at the same time and I will give my reasons:

Agree: In general, over half of the moves in general isn't really needed. I believe moves will change in V3 and don't know if we will still have move class column: Removing 'move class' could of course decrease a column while searching for a desired move. It would also benefit since most players including me don't really look at the move class

Disagree: Move class informs the viewers about the strength of the move, for example the higher the number of a move class, the more powerful it is and less MP. It could also make searching quite easy because people could search for a move with high class because the chances of the move being good would be high and instead of reading every move description.
Well, I agree and disagree with you as well.

I agree with your first part, however:

If you are searching for a move, what hinders you to search for move points (MP)?

A new player does not know that a higher move class may mean the move is stronger. So the thign with judging based on the move points may actually be mor eintuitive for him.

And experienced players know anyways that the move class is tied to the move points.

So I still think, this is unnecessary information.

PS: Yes, cef mentioned, the total amount of moves is a tad too high and maybe he will work on reducing them. So far, I only changed the descriptions, but looking over all the moves, I developped quite some ideas myself to make the selectino a bit slimmer and maybe even a bit more challenging / interesting for the actual game!

I would like to note, sorry if someone already mentioned this, but not all moves in the top class have strong power. I have seen some to bellow 29 power and are only like 5mp. So there is no point if there are other moves lower class and can do the same thing. It should at least have 120 power IMHO. SO yeah i say get rid of the classing, no point if the moves are not as the class suggests.
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
move class is a bit weird from my observations. i think good way to split them up is
1. status
2. attack
2. attack with effect

or for more advanced (not really that much advanced)
1. physical attack
2. physical attack with effect
3. special attack
4. special attack with effect
5. status
(2014-05-27, 03:29 AM)AN1K1 Wrote: I would like to note, sorry if someone already mentioned this, but not all moves in the top class have strong power. I have seen some to bellow 29 power and are only like 5mp. So there is no point if there are other moves lower class and can do the same thing. It should at least have 120 power IMHO. SO yeah i say get rid of the classing, no point if the moves are not as the class suggests.

yes if someone had processed all moves that would be awesome however noone doing and i am too busy Big Grin