Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Monster MMORPG » General Discussions » Random ability assigment mechanics please comment and discuss
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random ability assigment mechanics please comment and discuss
Information 
Sorry for the lazy work of myself recently. Hopefully i will start working a lot more on the game soon.

Since i am writing automation softwares recently i need to compose automation mechanics

Here the abilities that can be learned by the classes of monsters

https://www.monstermmorpg.com/monster_ab...signed.htm

https://www.monstermmorpg.com/abilities.htm

* means they can not get assigned that ability
Oh my glob!! A few more steps and v2 is here!!!
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Looks good, but are you making it so that all monsters will have different abilities?

Example:My Dimajem could have Critical hit master, Expert Regenerator, and shield master while someone else's Dimajem could have Anger, Beserk, Beyond type

Basically making all monsters unique in there own way
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
Whu?! So now we need to find the perfect nature uv and abilities if that happens
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
I think this is just to reassign current abilities on monsters.

For example, Axotogol will no longer have Expert Regenerator but we also won't have type bonuses on moves that monsters don't get. At least it's much less likely than what we have right now.
Cefurkan, instead of just throwing all the abilities that the monster owns onto them at once, why not gain abilities just like how they gain moves, so that more options are available. Seeing as we have a ton of abilities, i think it's a great way to put more strategy.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
Love it, yo. Tongue

venomous is still spelled wrong though.
(2012-11-04, 12:43 AM)Ghost Wrote: Cefurkan, instead of just throwing all the abilities that the monster owns onto them at once, why not gain abilities just like how they gain moves, so that more options are available. Seeing as we have a ton of abilities, i think it's a great way to put more strategy.
i agree,but i disagree also,because then you can have yetee with; maxiumum attack,sp def and def master...all that+stone skin=major wall,but i agree because it would be get more people into pvp
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
are there any new abilities? because i don't think i noticed any....
effective healing doesnt even work
v2 sooo close can't wait for it
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
v2 is no way near

it will still take long time for v2
i like mike521s idea/comment....would add more strategy and skill to game
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
(2012-11-04, 12:12 AM)mike521 Wrote: Looks good, but are you making it so that all monsters will have different abilities?

Example:My Dimajem could have Critical hit master, Expert Regenerator, and shield master while someone else's Dimajem could have Anger, Beserk, Beyond type

(2012-11-04, 06:23 PM)Snorlax47 Wrote: i like mike521s idea/comment....would add more strategy and skill to game

Actually exactly as described would make things almost pure luck. Even now if I wanted to go catch a quantum Dimagem with special UV's of 25+ I would need to catch an average of 400 dimagems to get it.

If you throw in random abilities to that mix the number becomes absurd. Lets round to 100 possible abilities for easy math. Dimagem gets three, so that's 1/1,000,000 of getting the correct ability set. A total of 1/400,000,000 Dimagem's will be the one I want. Even with 1 caught per second that is just under 13 years to catch one.

In conclusion, I see no skill at all in randomized abilities as we catch the monster.
i can make them individual if you want

what do you say ?

so each time you catch a monster it will get random abilities

and maybe in the future let you reselect them manually
(2012-11-06, 11:20 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i can make them individual if you want

what do you say ?

maybe,..i think you should let them keep there abilities as it is now,and maybe make an individual item for each ability,and make it cost say, 1m-2m each ability tablet ?

what do you say ?

I like it.

Maybe a Trial and Error session? We try it how it is the first way and then switch to this?
(2012-11-06, 11:29 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:

what do you say ?

I like it.

Maybe a Trial and Error session? We try it how it is the first way and then switch to this?
i agree,try 2 weeks-1 month,if not,then form a new idea
i think getting random abilities would make the game better. because it would make more different builds possible
random abilities like it is now or you mean when you catch a monster it get random abilities
(2012-11-07, 04:34 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i think getting random abilities would make the game better. because it would make more different builds possible
i think they should keep there current abilities :/ since everyone has already made them into a pvp mon with them....
(2012-11-05, 04:32 AM)hammerbro13 Wrote:
(2012-11-04, 12:12 AM)mike521 Wrote: Looks good, but are you making it so that all monsters will have different abilities?

(2012-11-04, 06:23 PM)Snorlax47 Wrote: i like mike521s idea/comment....would add more strategy and skill to game

Actually exactly as described would make things almost pure luck. Even now if I wanted to go catch a quantum Dimagem with special UV's of 25+ I would need to catch an average of 400 dimagems to get it.

If you throw in random abilities to that mix the number becomes absurd. Lets round to 100 possible abilities for easy math. Dimagem gets three, so that's 1/1,000,000 of getting the correct ability set. A total of 1/400,000,000 Dimagem's will be the one I want. Even with 1 caught per second that is just under 13 years to catch one.

In conclusion, I see no skill at all in randomized abilities as we catch the monster.
Yes you have a point, but lets say the monster you have does not benefit from the abilities it is given, and there are already several monsters that have abilities that don't benefit them; if all monsters get randomized abilities it does make it possible for different builds, and certain natured monsters would not be useless. By doing this it would absolutely make every monster unique in there own way.

Also Cefurkan has organized all the moves certain classes of monsters can and cannot learn, so it is not like every monster can learn every ability possible, by separating which abilities a class can learn you have a pretty good chance to get a great ability.

As i stated earlier by doing this random ability assignment on every individual monster, this can make natures
that most of us consider right now junk natures right now, become great natures so if we were to catch any dimajem it's abilities can make it a strong pvp monster without being a good nature.

*Example: i catch a steadfast Dimamjem and it's abilities are abilities are slow tough, camouflage, and attack master, that would make my Dimajem as good as a mirage

what do you say ?

Yes Cefurkan, i believe random ability assignment on individual monsters would make the game a whole lot better and you are right it would make more possible builds for every monster and nature; I hope you do implement this into the game Smile

what do you say ?

I like this completely better.
(2012-11-07, 05:22 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2012-11-07, 04:34 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i think getting random abilities would make the game better. because it would make more different builds possible
i think they should keep there current abilities :/ since everyone has already made them into a pvp mon with them....
Zach there is no way all monsters are going to keep all their current abilities, just like they are not going to keep their current moves, the game is going to change and we are all just going to have to adapt to it just as we have adapted to many other updates.

(2012-11-07, 07:22 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: I like random abilities.

Is it going to be where you catch a monster, it has different abilities than the same monster?

Like, one player catches a dimagem, it has 3 abilities and another player catches a dimagem and it has 3 different abilities.
Yes i also like it, it makes the game more interesting

(2012-11-07, 07:34 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:

what do you say ?

I like this completely better.
Actually i don't think that we should be able to choose our abilities manually, but i do believe that you can create a potion for the game that randomizes our monsters abilities so that no one can create a monster that is too powerful; by creating a potion that will randomize all 3 abilities would be a great feature.

also this potion should not be cheap, if this potion is added i am sure it will help even the games economy because everyone in the game is going to be buying them until they get a set of abilities that please them.

Lets say this potion could cost 100k each, by having this many of the richer players will buy them and they will not stop buying until they get a set of abilities that pleases them, so just by buying 10 of them that is 1 million gold, and many of the richest players have hundreds of monsters so just 100 of these potions would cost 10 million gold.
now their abilities won't be completely random. as you can see here i eliminated not very powerful abilities for powerful type monsters Smile

We can still modify this list according to your feedback.
cool, oh and cef, if you need any extra help for the game im here and totally willing to help
[Image: 4ab640cb58ed8813afd342449a09e628.jpg]
 3DS FC: 0103-9714-7767
 Name: Dexter
 Friend Safari: Electric

hmm and yet another barrier between the strengths of the classes...the better the ability the higher the class...
lol at expert leader being only zenith+ in the future

Welp now there will be no using of an emissary because it has a better ability set then zenith+ mons...now any mon that meets the class criteria could possibly have the desired ability set
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
(2012-11-08, 01:06 AM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: hmm and yet another barrier between the strengths of the classes...the better the ability the higher the class...

Welp now there will be no using of an emissary because it has a better ability set then zenith+ mons...now any mon that meets the class criteria could possibly have the desired ability set
well we can modify it. if you have suggestions. such as emissaries should be able to get these abilities as well
(2012-11-08, 12:54 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: now their abilities won't be completely random. as you can see here i eliminated not very powerful abilities for powerful type monsters Smile

We can still modify this list according to your feedback.
I like the list and it does support the idea of randomized abilities for every monster due to how you separated them within classes, great job Cefurkan

(2012-11-08, 01:06 AM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: hmm and yet another barrier between the strengths of the classes...the better the ability the higher the class...

Yeah i noticed that most of the best abilities are with the zenith + class, but it is not like the other classes don't have any good abilities.
alright people more discussion and ideas Smile