Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(2012-08-24, 09:49 PM)Snes Wrote: what do you mean when you say, you can own other people without there permission??

I'm assuming he means that you can start battles without the other persons consent.
yeah, i am not so sure i like that idea, but i think the rest of it sound good.
(2012-08-24, 09:47 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 09:45 PM)Guider456 Wrote: ill say this i had a freaky dream last night...i dreamt that the newest topic on here was npcs and pvp maps and i went to the topic and i saw a bunch of pvp maps lol, like there were 2 maps that were like twins, by the design and the name on the map i mean, 1 was fire, 1 was ice.

Wow, ill say this guider, you made one tough decision to take a step back from this game and not play as much because it is apparent that this game is a big part of your life. I mean, dreaming about its forums, sheesh, i hope all the staff here are as devoted as this dude Tongue
yeah it was a big part of my life during the summer,

i think the only reason why i dreamt that though was because thats 1 of the only things thatll bring me back to this game, even though i have school and all still.
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
I support this idea except for the linear point tracking. As has been pointed out, someone could make alt accounts to generate points.

Instead I would suggest an ELO system that slowly drifts back toward the default value as periods of inactivity pass. In simple terms, that means you score more points for winning against active veterans with high win percentages, and lower points for even matches or easily winnable matches (like new accounts).

Another thing I noticed is that, given the concept you can just challenge anyone at any time for being on a pvp map, what stops a player with 6 level 100 legends from starting a battle with 6 level 24 regulars? We have monster classes and challenge levels already in place. These seem like perfect dividers for who you can challenge. Your team goes into the smallest class they qualify for and cannot be challenged by any team from a greater class or level. 24 Regular would be the lowest, 100 Ancient would be the highest, and since it would not be tracked by hand it is completely feasible to keep separated.

An equal amount of player skill is shown in low level, low power battles as in higher ones. Actually more in my opinion because if your battling with level 100 ancients your going to see the smallest metagame possible because only a couple of monsters are competitive and they only have a few viable move sets. It certainly shows dedication to collection and training, but we have a ranking system for that already.
(2012-08-25, 12:15 AM)hammerbro13 Wrote: I support this idea except for the linear point tracking. As has been pointed out, someone could make alt accounts to generate points.

Instead I would suggest an ELO system that slowly drifts back toward the default value as periods of inactivity pass. In simple terms, that means you score more points for winning against active veterans with high win percentages, and lower points for even matches or easily winnable matches (like new accounts).

Another thing I noticed is that, given the concept you can just challenge anyone at any time for being on a pvp map, what stops a player with 6 level 100 legends from starting a battle with 6 level 24 regulars? We have monster classes and challenge levels already in place. These seem like perfect dividers for who you can challenge. Your team goes into the smallest class they qualify for and cannot be challenged by any team from a greater class or level. 24 Regular would be the lowest, 100 Ancient would be the highest, and since it would not be tracked by hand it is completely feasible to keep separated.

An equal amount of player skill is shown in low level, low power battles as in higher ones. Actually more in my opinion because if your battling with level 100 ancients your going to see the smallest metagame possible because only a couple of monsters are competitive and they only have a few viable move sets. It certainly shows dedication to collection and training, but we have a ranking system for that already.
YES! ELO rankings! Took the words right... outta my mouth... *thumbs up*
Constantly dying yet never dead
BUMP!
Constantly dying yet never dead
i support
[Image: elites33.png]
TR forum most active member
ok ya got my support
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Derpiness;p
Support !!!