Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Evolution Methods
Pretty obvious title. Current methods we have are:
  • Level up
  • Level up @ a location
  • Happiness
  • Hold item
And a couple with a combination of those, I believe. I think we could use a bit more variety (Considering the number of stats the game keeps track of.)
  • Battles won
  • Battles lost
  • Unique Power range (above or below a certain power, or perhaps a split-evolution based on its type)
  • TP in a stat
  • Weather Condition evolution
  • Box the monster was caught in
Is there a way we can implement these things? Examples would be...
A monster has won 1,000 battles, they may now evolve.
A monster has reached level 50 and lost fewer than 50 battles (Oooooh, that'd be scary. ;P) so they may evolve.
A monster with a split evolution has less than 90 power in his Unique Power attack, he evolves into a defensive monster while another monster with a UP of 112 evolves into an attack-based monster.
After getting 250 TP in it's SP. Attack stat, a monster is able to evolve.
It's raining, so a particular monster can now evolve.

Just some thoughts. Any further ideas would be appreciated.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
I support this idea. Smile
[Image: b52qe9.jpg]
May the FORCE be with you!
the unique power 1 could work with a range

going with your example 90-0 would evolve into a defensive 1 91-150 would evolve into attacking.

i support
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
i support Big Grin
Maybe, also add the Unique Power Type of a monster.
(2012-11-24, 03:29 AM)Ashenator Wrote: Maybe, also add the Unique Power Type of a monster.
Yeah, that could be another method. I'd want to make a 17-evolution monster for that, though. XD Eevee on crack. *Though Luxcatty would be an amazing candidate for this*
I like the male female evolutions though i think they are mainly on bug types.
"To thine self be true."
yay Big Grin
i like these ideas, make the game a little more complex. you might also incorporate the day and night with the evolution.
(2012-11-24, 03:17 AM)Henrie Wrote: A monster has reached level 50 and lost fewer than 50 battles (Oooooh, that'd be scary. ;P) so they may evolve.
-eerr.. Some of the monsters in the wild level 50+++ will benefit from this
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
(2012-11-24, 03:39 AM)Snes Wrote: i like these ideas, make the game a little more complex. you might also incorporate the day and night with the evolution.
that already is part of it.
like moniyon's evolutions.
but how about adding in weather conditions are needed requirements for evolution, assuming that we do get weather conditions? Tongue
I have another one.
Maybe, the Monster Box you use to catch the monster with?

Example: You use a Grass Box to catch Jungoat,
then it evolves to Faunature because the requirement for its evolution is to catch Jungoat with a Grass Box.
sounds good, too Smile
(2012-11-24, 03:42 AM)Viperianw Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 03:39 AM)Snes Wrote: i like these ideas, make the game a little more complex. you might also incorporate the day and night with the evolution.
that already is part of it.
like moniyon's evolutions.
but how about adding in weather conditions are needed requirements for evolution, assuming that we do get weather conditions? Tongue
was actually supposed to say type this xD. to make the weather a little more important.
ooh! ooh! how about, you should raise that monster within a few days/months/years/hours/seconds/minutes before it can evolve and should be in the party ALWAYS?
or or! that certain kind of monster should be with another monster in the party
thing is, what if you caught it in the wrong box?
maybe you weren't able to purchase the grass box when you got the jungoat, but caught it in a monster box?
(2012-11-24, 03:45 AM)Viperianw Wrote: thing is, what if you caught it in the wrong box?
maybe you weren't able to purchase the grass box when you got the jungoat, but caught it in a monster box?
Then, you have to buy another one. XD :p
(2012-11-24, 03:45 AM)Viperianw Wrote: thing is, what if you caught it in the wrong box?
That's what makes it more difficult. My evil mind immediately drifted to the legendary that evolves when caught in a Monster Box. >D
LOL Henrie *snuggles* (I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!) *hugs*
zeniths, legendaries, and ancients shouldn't evolve.. it would be lame.. Look how monster galaxy turned out @_@
Don't forget the Ancient Gems!!!!!

Like, a certain fire monster can't evolve without the fire ancient gem!!!

:O

Oh and.. You can't evolve this one monster without the presence of another monster.. i have no idea how that will work..
(2012-11-24, 04:09 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Don't forget the Ancient Gems!!!!!

Like, a certain fire monster can't evolve without the fire ancient gem!!!

:O

Oh and.. You can't evolve this one monster without the presence of another monster.. i have no idea how that will work..
I.E.
in order to evolve Simoly, you need a Tuleef in the party in order to evolve it
I support but maybe a certain monster has to be in the party or a certain pokemon in the party has to be over lvl50 or fully evolved
What if all the Ancient Greek Sculptures are actually Victims of Medusa 0_0
Not sure how Cef plans to implement Ancient Gems. I was all for the "consumable item" approach, but I think he was leaning towards 'gym badge' type items. (bleck. x'D) But in either case, being in possession of a certain gem before a monster will evolve, I like it. xD

How evil would it be if the player had to be in the top 500 to evolve their monster? AHAHAH! >D
Yeaaa.. Ancient Gems = Gym Badges duuuuh ;P
(2012-11-24, 04:29 AM)Henrie Wrote: Not sure how Cef plans to implement Ancient Gems. I was all for the "consumable item" approach, but I think he was leaning towards 'gym badge' type items. (bleck. x'D) But in either case, being in possession of a certain gem before a monster will evolve, I like it. xD

How evil would it be if the player had to be in the top 500 to evolve their monster? AHAHAH! >D
I would hate you for life!........Jk
What if all the Ancient Greek Sculptures are actually Victims of Medusa 0_0
ohh, I approve of these ideas! They seem great!
[Image: GolurkSig.png] Sig by SparrowHawk. Go check his sigs out.
ok u got my support
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2012-11-24, 04:29 AM)Henrie Wrote: Not sure how Cef plans to implement Ancient Gems. I was all for the "consumable item" approach, but I think he was leaning towards 'gym badge' type items. (bleck. x'D) But in either case, being in possession of a certain gem before a monster will evolve, I like it. xD

i support with what she said
we shall call it "obedience" it's like gym badges (no badge= no pokemon will follow you) in our terms, evolove >Big Grin
i'm 69 always anyway
I support but I don't like the battles lost and won part because I can just have a level 50 go battle some level 10 monsters and get the required amount fairly easy like that.
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
I support this!! it makes game more fun.

i don't support tp in a stat.

If possible, why not try to incorporate both?
one type can be consumable, and the other as an honorary badge.