Poll: What would you like to happen?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Please make all changes suggested.
64.71%
No. I don't want any of the changes suggested.
5.88%
I'd like to reduce the natures , but keep all abilities the same.
29.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Natures Reduction POLL CLOSED
BIG, SCARY, NECESSARY CHANGE FOR VERSION 3

MonsterMMORPG is a brilliantly made game. I know some of you scoff at that, but the amount customization of the monsters and potential teams in game is nothing short of incredible. Specifically, it's incredible when you look at how far the game has come. When the game was created it was a pokemon clone and instead of staying in that place (through choice or not) MonsterMMORPG is now a vastly different game at its core than pokemon and has become it's own game. Some of the changes like ability changing, nature modification, UV modification and the sheer number of monsters in game are just amazing. Other changes however, while not bad, have gotten to the point of needing some cleaning up as games going through changes often do. One of those changes in need of a good clean up is what this thread will be about. Let's get too it.

Natures

Right now our game has 148 different natures. That is insanity lol I mean, let say you go hunting for an emmissary. You're chances of finding that emissary are 6%, not bad. Now lets add that you're looking for that emissary with a certain nature. With 148 different natures in the game, your 6% chance of finding the monster you want just changed from 6% to  0.0004blahblahblah precent lol And if you think thats bad think of your chances of finding a decent wild Zeniths or Legends or Ancient lol And thats not even adding in the variable which is Abilities which is the next issue hahaha Good luck finding anything but TRASH

IMO I think we need to DRASTICALLY reduce the number of natures. 

Now you may be thinking, "But Knost, you can just use gold to change the nature and the abilities." I hear you Captain Obvious Winkbut then what is the point of hunting? Thats a HUGE part of this game. Some people ONLY want to be hunters and don't feel like playing enough to save the gold to make these changes. And even more people don't have the time to play to save the gold to make the changes. 

Our game needs to do something to KEEP our NEW PLAYERS. We have to if we want the game to thrive. 

Now, brace yourself, I'm armed with logic. I believe that reducing the amount of natures from 148 to 35 will make hunting worth it again. I think it will keep new players around MUCH longer because they will have BETTER monsters to PVP or PVE with. And I think it will help to revive the market again which has been dying due to being polluted by trash monsters. 

The Natures I hope to keep would be:

1.   Aggressive 
2.   Blockhead
3.   Blitz
3.   Bullet
4.   Butcher
5.   Calm
6.   Dauntless
7.   Debonair
8.   Discreet
9.   Endurable
10. Hallucination
11. Hasty
12. Impenetrable
13. Intelligent
14. Lazy
15. Mirage
16. Momentum
17. Mystic
18. Potential
19. Profound
20. Quantum
21. Reaper
22. Sage
23. Savage
24. Sedate
25. Specialized
26. Spooky
27. Steadfast
28. Stalwart
29. Supreme
30. Tank 
31. Trembling
32. Verve
33. Vigorous 
34. Wail
35. Wise

So does this mean you wont have to still save gold for changing Ancient Natures? No. 

You still only have a 1/30 chance of getting the nature you want on top of the insanity that is Ancient encounter rates lol This change more directly effects Zeniths and below, which again are mostly coveted by our NEWER PLAYERS who we NEED to stay in the game.

And yes, everything in game that has a nature that is getting wiped will be reset to the Nature Steadfast that has no increases or decreases, but that is the same thing that happened when we moved to V2 and it worked out. How did it work out do you say? Because it had to lol Necessary change is Necessary

The hope is that once these newer players get further along they will have access to more gold and they will catch more Legends and Ancients (which might have better natures) to sell on the market so they can change abilities and natures and UV's on their top tier monsters thus reviving the market for the first time since version 2 started and making the game more active. 
(I'm out of breath just typing that run on sentence lol)

Is it a HUGE change? YES.         Is it NECESSARY? ABSOLUTELY.

UPDATE - Abilities Have been moved to a new thread due to requests made. You can follow the link below to read, comment and vote on Abilities. 

Thank you for sticking with me I know it was a lot of reading lol

Vote Above, Comment Below and Stay Beautiful Monster Trainers 

This Topic has been brought to you by The Rekfast Club
Click the Link below for our team page
---> LINK <---
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
i think nature is old topic.. always agree before but now we can change nature with gold so only agree if it can make game more fast Tongue 

agree.. hope cef want fix, replace, or delete those abilities
This would have advantages and disadvantages.
If you delete natures/abilities from the game, how you'll fix the monsters that a lot of players have in their storage/team? Because if you delete something, there will be a vacuum.

The good part is that so we have more chance to find monsters with the nature we want, and then we can save the Nature Change/ Abi. Change gold for another and better stuff.

I my opinion, isn't worth it if you delete natures and abilities of a game which it's 7 years old. It'd have been good idea at beginning of create the game :/
You think if now the Pokemon Company (for example) delete some natures of their Pokemon? What are you going to do now? Your team is damaged.
I think that remove some natures and/or abilities wouldn't worth it by today Sad
Perfection doesn't exist. Seizes the moment, nothing lasts forever
I support it, got a few things I'd like to keep tho.

1.Effective Healing. PvE abi, makes orb exp regen and potions twice as much healing. 
2.All status abis. Combined with a weapon and attacks to cause the statuses 
Even just for physical, they might make for fun builds which i kinda don't wanna see gone.
2.Berserk. it ain't top, but it's berserk :3 ultimately yes, one of the worst abis, but a decent accu up move can compensate for it.

Other than that,  100% YES!

Those are just my points of view on it. 
The natures shouldn't be debatable.
Even if you get a wrong one for your mon, it won't be ultimate useless.
Let's just go and see the world and just show them
What it really means to live life golden.

The Rekfast Club
(2016-10-11, 10:50 AM)jecklinn Wrote: i think nature is old topic.. always agree before but now we can change nature with gold so only agree if it can make game more fast Tongue 

agree.. hope cef want fix, replace, or delete those abilities

Yes Jecklinn, WE can change with gold, but what about a player just starting out lol Do you remember how long it takes for you to get to the point in the game where you can make good gold? It takes a very long time. This is to help NEW PLAYERS get better monster so they stay engaged longer and stay with the game.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2016-10-11, 02:35 PM)Galliant Wrote: I support it, got a few things I'd like to keep tho.

1.Effective Healing. PvE abi, makes orb exp regen and potions twice as much healing. 
2.All status abis. Combined with a weapon and attacks to cause the statuses 
Even just for physical, they might make for fun builds which i kinda don't wanna see gone.
2.Berserk. it ain't top, but it's berserk :3 ultimately yes, one of the worst abis, but a decent accu up move can compensate for it.

Other than that,  100% YES!

Those are just my points of view on it. 
The natures shouldn't be debatable.
Even if you get a wrong one for your mon, it won't be ultimate useless.

Would you make a Berserker Ancient right now? And if so what would the build look like? Smile

I agree with your other points.
(2016-10-11, 11:56 AM)BagBoy Wrote: This would have advantages and disadvantages.
If you delete natures/abilities from the game, how you'll fix the monsters that a lot of players have in their storage/team? Because if you delete something, there will be a vacuum.

The good part is that so we have more chance to find monsters with the nature we want, and then we can save the Nature Change/ Abi. Change gold for another and better stuff.

I my opinion, isn't worth it if you delete natures and abilities of a game which it's 7 years old. It'd have been good idea at beginning of create the game :/
You think if now the Pokemon Company (for example) delete some natures of their Pokemon? What are you going to do now? Your team is damaged.
I think that remove some natures and/or abilities wouldn't worth it by today Sad

This game is still in the BETA stage so things a still changing and improving. I'd hope that Cefurkan would allow us to choose the most neutral nature (Steadfast) we will have available and use that for the mons with those natures Just like we did when we went from version 1 to version 2. 

You admit there is a problem and I agree (obviously). We need to fix the game even if its potentially messy lol
(2016-10-11, 02:53 PM)Knost Wrote: This game is still in the BETA stage so things a still changing and improving. I'd hope that Cefurkan would allow us to choose the most neutral nature (Steadfast) we will have available and use that for the mons with those natures Just like we did when we went from version 1 to version 2. 

You admit there is a problem and I agree (obviously). We need to fix the game even if its potentially messy lol

Then could be possible. I started to play in V2, so I didn't know that Sad
Perfection doesn't exist. Seizes the moment, nothing lasts forever
(2016-10-11, 04:14 PM)BagBoy Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 02:53 PM)Knost Wrote: This game is still in the BETA stage so things a still changing and improving. I'd hope that Cefurkan would allow us to choose the most neutral nature (Steadfast) we will have available and use that for the mons with those natures Just like we did when we went from version 1 to version 2. 

Then could be possible. I started to play in V2, so I didn't know that Sad

Any reason you want to keep the abilities? Smile Everyone reading the thread needs reasons so we can make an informed decision.
Totally agreeSmile
i agree with everything except for berserk ability since is very useful in  daily boss and since you are not doing the boss doesnt mean that nobody else dont need it Smile
(2016-10-11, 10:17 PM)gethprime Wrote: i agree with everything except for berserk ability since is very useful in  daily boss and since you are not doing the boss doesnt mean that nobody else dont need it Smile

Yeah, quiet a few people want it lol I moved it back into the pool

Make sure you VOTE FOR THE TOP! lol
ok i had to vote yes for this because im one of those people who doesn't like grinding arenas for 2 hours a day just so i can make the trash ancient i found after 2 weeks of bad luck hunting half way usable and this will also some what close the void between the elite minority of p2w players and the f2p players(we are subject to the sites ads counter so we do generate some money to the game)
(2016-10-11, 11:15 PM)kyrsin Wrote: ok i had to vote yes for this because im one of those people who doesn't like grinding arenas for 2 hours a day just so i can make the trash ancient i found after 2 weeks of bad luck hunting half way usable and this will also some what close the void between the elite minority of p2w players and the f2p players(we are subject to the sites ads counter so we do generate some money to the game)

Very well said. Thank you Smile
I totally agree!
I am 100% agree with Natures they are very much!!! more natures mean more study but we all are gamer right? i think mostly gamers are not very interested in study so way we are make new study subject in the game Dodgy

not 100% but agree with ability! every Ability should have use we can talk about if they are really useless must remove Undecided
I 100% agree with this thread. There are far to many Natures to try and find the monster in the wild that you would like. 

Abilities well there are a few that could be removed some that you have put on the list.
The Dragon Slayer

[Image: Kaissig_zps260304a2.jpg]
UPDATE

After discussions with a few of you I think it would be best to separate the Natures and the Abilities to open up new options in fixing things. 

This thread will now be for Natures only and all votes will still count. 

Abilities have been moved here. I hope you visit, comment and vote when the time is right. Smile

- Knost
i hope i can, please help me get a good natures
While I am 100% in favor of reducing the number of natures, I am not thrilled about changing all monsters without the listed natures to steadfast. Some of the other natures not listed are usable. Without one of the natures listed here, people will have to pay gold to get them back to a usable nature. My gigerath with fierce nature is a great example. It Is actually a pretty good mon but would suck with steadfast nature. What if we kept all monsters that have been caught previous to v3 with their current natures and every mon caught following the update would be one of the 35 listed here?
(2016-10-16, 04:50 PM)Savage_Opress Wrote: While I am 100% in favor of reducing the number of natures, I am not thrilled about changing all monsters without the listed natures to steadfast. Some of the other natures not listed are usable. Without one of the natures listed here, people will have to pay gold to get them back to a usable nature. My gigerath with fierce nature is a great example. It Is actually a pretty good mon but would suck with steadfast nature. What if we kept all monsters that have been caught previous to v3 with their current natures and every mon caught following the update would be one of the 35 listed here?

That isn't how it's worked in the past, but we can ask Cefurkan. 

What I'd imagine/hope is that this update would come with a BIG gold boost to try to help with raising gold to fix things as you've pointed out. 

I get its going to be messy, but you do it to fix things for the future so the issue doesn't continue to get bigger/more complicated, thus making the fix, that needs to happen, even messier ya know?
ARE THERE ANY OTHER NATURES ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO KEEP? 

I think keeping the list below 50 is optimal so we still have 15 or so slots if someone can make a case for a nature not yet mentioned. 

Please comment! I want your voice to be heard.
Ye. Always wanted the amount of natures decreased. It's way more than what we need lol. Keep main ones like the SpAtk sweeper, Atk sweeper, your tanks, your healths, etc.

Regarding PVP, we already use a handful of natures for several monsters. Most of the natures we have aren't even used and just take space in the game. Honestly, scrap what we don't use or look at. Keep the main ones used for pvp/pve, I'd say an optimal amount would at least be 20-30. Keeping it under 50 is nice but do we really need 50?

Good thread overall.
(2016-10-16, 06:00 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Ye. Always wanted the amount of natures decreased. It's way more than what we need lol. Keep main ones like the SpAtk sweeper, Atk sweeper, your tanks, your healths, etc.

Regarding PVP, we already use a handful of natures for several monsters. Most of the natures we have aren't even used and just take space in the game. Honestly, scrap what we don't use or look at. Keep the main ones used for pvp/pve, I'd say an optimal amount would at least be 20-30. Keeping it under 50 is nice but do we really need 50?

Good thread overall.

I completely agree. I like the 35 we have saved atm

And no we don't need 50 in my opinion lol I simply stated the 50 limit as I don't want people to think that they can't suggest something if they think it's a viable nature. If there is logic behind a choice it will be considered.
35 natures, i like that idea.Smile

Just have 35 and its fine. Maybe later it can add like natures with 50 def, 50spdef and 50 attack or spattack? Or like speed/def/spdef with all 60%? we don't have that right?
(2016-10-16, 07:49 PM)freak500 Wrote: 35 natures, i like that idea.Smile

Just have 35 and its fine. Maybe later it can add like natures with 50 def, 50spdef and 50 attack or spattack? Or like speed/def/spdef with all 60%? we don't have that right?

yeah i agree with 35 Smile

I think later we can replace natures left that still have no use with better natures for sure.

Thanks for the comment and vote
(2016-10-16, 07:53 PM)Knost Wrote:

I think later we can replace natures left that still have no use with better natures for sure.

True, just have to do this first and make it fun to hunt for players.
(2016-10-16, 08:02 PM)freak500 Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 07:53 PM)Knost Wrote:

True, just have to do this first and make it fun to hunt for players.

Exactly.
yeah i agree 148 too much lol with 35 nature we can do fun hunting spam haha

have plus minus effect but no one hope catch monster with bad nature Wink
i want fun hunting and catch good monsters so i vote:
"Yes. Please make all changes suggested." Big Grin 
Before this gets stated let me reiterate. This isn't my list lol This is EVERYONES list. 

I want feedback. If we only kept the PVP natures we'd have 10-15 natures lol We need 30-35 so there is a challenge still to hunting for Legends and Ancients.

We are not inventing new natures in this thread. That is another subject for another time.

As for the 35 natures that are the suggested list if there is something you'd like added or replaced, please speak up Smile This is a public thread in a public forum for a reason. 

Thanks,
Knost