Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Of the Week 1: Witoad
Welcome all to the first edition of...

MONSTER OF THE WEEK
What will this consist of? Well hopefully this will be a way to accumulate strategies for monsters in the game to help you, the player, become a better pvper. So post strategies you think the designated monster would be good for.

Please include:
1) nature
2) uvs spread
3) item held
4) moveset
5) Description of strategy

Alright, enough chat, presenting the first monster:
Witoad

[Image: 455Witoad.png]

"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
Abilities:

Dragon Master: Ok its important to note, Dragon Master does not benefit this monster at all. Unless i missed something.
Scary: Has cringe chance.
Anger: This ability increases power of the move by 40% only when the Monster is under the effect of Burn, Poison, Paralysis or Bleeding.

Nature:
For nature i would pick something defensive, bulwark or other types of nature that gives it a lot of defense.
Add lots of hp. Also would like it to consist of mainly SpAttack.

Tp: Maybe 200 hp 200 def 200 spdef 100 spattack 100 speed. It would depend on nature and its uvs.

Held item: a healing orb or a item that boosts its poison.

Moveset:
1)Burning Acid or Slime blast. If you want it to use mainly poison.
2)Prevent
3)Thick Fog
4)High Jump

Strategy: This might not be the best moveset, but it was something i just thought up. Kind of a cute moveset. Keeping your frog alive while takeing advantage of its Anger ability. Also useing prevent to make sure the user cannot pick another monster. high jump can paralyze and burning acid can burn the victim. Thick fog gives you short breaks to use high jump and land on the other guy Smile this has the possibility of 3 status affects at once. Burning, paralyzed and cringe. In case this is fitted with slime blast it would be poison instead of fire.

--edit--

Oh and other possible movesets are:
Evil Eye: For double effect when your status effects are on it. Would replace high jump.
Concentration rest: For healing. could replace high jump but leaves it with only one attack.
Double time: For evasion. could replace Thick fog. Double time might be a better choice.
Stone smash: For cringe chance. this also works on the world map for breaking rocks. Also this is a very good switch for high jump Wink
Consume dream: If there is a way to make opponent sleep with some move? but i didnt see one there.

About Unique power : Theese could decide what movesets you should favor. For example Fighting,ghost,normal and poison would be very good for this monster.
example : if it has unique power Ghost. Evil Eye would be an awsome switch.
[Image: sigtest.png]
Draw some monsters and post em here
http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Ro...e-art-only
1) Nature: I think he would work okay with quantum or Discreet. He could also work Mystic.
2) TP: For quantum 400 Sp attack and defense. For Discreet 400 Defense, 200 Sp defense, 200 HP.
3) Item: Poison Orb
4)Moveset:
  • Darkness Ball
  • Slime Blast
  • Clear Mind
  • Sinister Wave
5) I think that like many monsters he could rely on Clear Mind to set up a Sp attack wall. Once he is beefed up he could sweep many monsters. However I do worry that he lacks a 1k accuracy move.

[Image: image]
Nature -- Discreet

Tp's -- 400 hp, 200 Sp Def, 200 Def

- Move Set -

Double time - Not weak to any 1000 acc moves. Good defensive nature. Double time to raise evasion and build the wall.

Toxical Spit -- 100% chance to poison. 75 hit points. S.T.A.B. doesn't have great accuracy, but oh well. You could also use Toxic Bite here if you want to use this mon as a switch in poisoner/wall.

Clear Mind -- Raise Sp Attack to a serviceable spot and hope you still have the hp to do some damage.

Darkness Ball -- Lowers Sp def 1 stage per hit. Sinister Wave would also work here with S.T.A.B., but I think Darkness Ball is more useful.

Held Item -- Poison Orb - Restores 10% HP of a Monster with a Poison typing.

-- Strat --

Double time to raise evasion. Clear mind to raise sp attack. Toxical Spit to poison. Darkness ball to damage.

"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
1) Nature: mystic
2) TP: 400 Sp attack, 200 defense and 200 sp defense
3) Item: Poison Orb io agree with uncle
4)move to teach:Sludge Wave
Venom Punch
Clear Mind
Consume Dream
[Image: %5Banimepaper.net%5Dwallpaper-standard-a...a0c46a.jpg]
"We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are knights."

1) Discreet
2) 400 health, 200 defense, 197 special defense
3) Item: Poison Orb
4)Moveset:
- Tricky Fun
- Thick Fog
- Toxic Bite
- Evil Eye

5) Tricky fun to lower enemies special attack (useful in nullifying their sweepers or special attackers), thick fog to force opponent's to rely on their 1k accuracy moves. Toxic Bite to poison opponent and evil eye after poisoned (evil eye's base bower of 55 doubles when opponent is under a status effect)
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
commment-just update this thread for each weeks monsters instead of making a million threads, aight?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.

Consume Dream needs the opponent to be asleep KingOh
as i put up in my first post. On an unrelated matter Knosts forum picture is hillarious Tongue
[Image: sigtest.png]
Draw some monsters and post em here
http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Ro...e-art-only
Alright, so I plan to post the strategies up onto the wiki with Shosh's permission.

I plan to post 3 strategies:

1) Offensive
2) Defensive
3) Mixed

(2012-02-03, 06:24 AM)PcKaveman Wrote: Alright, so I plan to post the strategies up onto the wiki with Shosh's permission.

I plan to post 3 strategies:

1) Offensive
2) Defensive
3) Mixed
Well it seems like for the most part everyone is leaning toward the defensive Strat as the best option. That being said, should we discuss out the final move set, nature and overall strat?

"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Absolutely lol I have the "Monster of the Week" up on the wiki atm for the sake of less work later on. Its easier and takes less time to edit Smile

So with publishing movesets I'm not sure how we want to roll. And maybe offensive, defensive, mixed isn't the best idea. To be fair most strategies seem to be defensive (as you said) so maybe just come up with punny or "clever" titles?

So I guess the main things to discuss:
1) How do we choose what movesets/strategies (ex/ voting? committee?)
2) post how many movesets/strategies?
The mmovsesets would depend on A what type of strategy ou are using and B who you are going against(type, strategy, etc)
Just chiming in
https://monster-mmorpg.wikia.com/wiki/Mo...#comm-2448

So I have at least a rough copy posted, like I said, it's easier to change rather then to start from new. When I created it, it was for the intent of creating less work in the future. Now with that being said, movesets. How would we like to confirm what movesets and strategies will be used.
so i've had this up for a while and been waiting for some input or responses. Considering there has been none I feel I'll probably just keep what I have on the wiki, and change the attack/defense/mixed to just random names.
PC you should have a couple people, like Uncle, do final approvals on movesets/natures for the monsters of the week.
how about we make this every 2 weeks until we get the hang of this then go back down to 1 week?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
yea don't have just uncle or someone make final decisions.Have a committee to run this thing.
alright, so a committee to agree on the finalized move sets and strategies? I like that idea. I would also like to add maybe a committee of 3 or 5 people so to reduce the chance of two movesets/strategies tieing for amount of votes (assuming that all members of the committee vote for the movesets/strategies they believe to be the best)
committee suggestions-
PCK(youTongue)
Uncle
Rake
Guider
Pein
Why not just post all the suggested move sets with headings for types. Like um walls and then list the suggested natures and move sets.

Ya know it looks fine the way it is.... Really move sets depend on what the other monsters in the team's types/move sets are...
[Image: image]
Which is what i said originally Tongue
has this been decided yet
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
hmm... not to my knowledge yet. Mind you not sure when to call it final.

My one thought against posting all strategies is that if there comes a time when over 20+ people post different strategies then to post 20+ strategies would be time consuming and they may not all be helpful.

In the end I think keeping it to 3 is a good option, besides the moves/strategies are supposed to be generic to help new players get an idea for a starting to place.
needs a week 2 monster IMO
I'll get a week 2 going then, iron out the details as we go along

Any monster in particular anyone wants to see be done?