Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Abilities (Suggestions)
I think we have an issue regarding abilities being random ('coz it adds to the load of finding a monster with good nature, uvs and now abilities), I don't know if this would work or had been suggested before but here it goes . . .

If we are to have 3 abilities/monster why not make it this way . . .
1st ability - assigned
2nd ability - random
3rd ability - can be assigned by the player once caught . . .
THATS A GOOD IDEA TOOBUT IDK WHETHER CEF. WILL LIKE IT OR NOT
Eye Shoe Port.
Constantly dying yet never dead
(2012-12-06, 05:42 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: THATS A GOOD IDEA TOOBUT IDK WHETHER CEF. WILL LIKE IT OR NOT
I THINK CEFURKAN SHALL TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION 'COZ IT'LL SOLVE THE ABILITY ISSUE AND WILL MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY. And in my opinion, once you caught a monster you like with good abilities + the 1 you will assign, but with bad uvs and nature, nature change and max uvs will follow . . .

(2012-12-06, 06:32 AM)Rock127 Wrote: Eye Shoe Port.
tnx for the shoe port . . .
yeah i feel this s a good idea
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Sounds like 1 step into the right direction.
As posted in my feedback thread, i don't like 3 completely random abilities on very rare monsters.
[Image: un76e.jpg]
(2012-12-06, 07:37 AM)Dandragoon Wrote: Sounds like 1 step into the right direction.
As posted in my feedback thread, i don't like 3 completely random abilities on very rare monsters.
i think so too dan, "let's meet in the middle" thing . . .
Okay, picking your own abilities would be too OP an seems not-legit
1- assigned
2- random
3- based on the overall uv (chart) or just simply also random..

So overall, I don't shu pport
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
they are not completely random

they have pools and rare monsters have better quality pools

in the future i may add a system which will allow you to replace your abilities

and not everyone have to have perfect ability nature and UV combination Smile
Quote: and not everyone have to have perfect ability nature and UV combination [Image: smile.gif]
It's not even about having a perfect combinations of these, that just won't mathematically happen without donation changes to either nature or UVs.
It's more about preventing that rare monsters can be completely useless (especially the ancients) when they are so hard to find and catch.

Sure the pool has a better quality for rare monsters, and there are some abilities that are generally useful (shield master, perfect body, maximum guard and the like),
but they still ARE completely random. Random from the given pool is still random. So my Hallu or whatever Sp focused nature monster can still get physical master, attack master and whatever third useless ability for example.
[Image: un76e.jpg]
Lmao Kun's comment xD Chill with the caps man.

As much as I would like to assign our own abilities, I am against it, even if it's only one. The other 2 abilities could be useful to the individual monster working together and then we add a 3rd useful one? It would cause turmoil in pvp.

A monster with 1 weakness, gets that weakness immunity as an ability, stat increaser, and something else to boost up one of their high stats or a move type would be considered an unbeatable monster. Ofc, it would take a lot of time to defeat it.

Also, each class learns their own set of abilities. I'm not sure if that is still kept, find the ability thread. I dislike randomized ability as well, but that's totally apart of the anticipation and sometimes you'll have to work with it.

As a pvper myself, I disagree with randomizing abilities.

As a moderator, you should've posted your comments and concerns in the ability thread when it was posted (which was roughly.. like 1-2 weeks ago) instead of bringing it up now. It would've been discussed then and there. If it needed to be bumped, you can bump it.

So yea, I different stand points :3