Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Official Forums » Rules » Important Notice: Several ingame and forum reminders!
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Important Notice: Several ingame and forum reminders!
Moderator impersonation

Recently there have been a number of users trying to impersonate moderators and administrators, especially in the chats. Remember, staff members ALWAYS have a specific color for their rank, [CM]NAME or [SCM]NAME, mostly.

If it looks like:

Quote:example_1: <CM> give me ur pass or i ban you

Then it is an impersonator, and they should be banned.

Remember, it must be the colored text [CM] or [SCM], not <CM> OR <SCM> OR <STAFF>.

STAFF MEMBERS WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

Passwords

Get a secure password. Write it down if you need to. NEVER give it away, even to a trusted friend or member of staff!!!

Get a long and secured password, atleast 8 words would be FINE! If there are more, even better.

NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE USE YOUR ACCOUNT. This includes brothers/sisters/cousins/etc. If you are caught account sharing, you will most likely be punished!

Don't leave MonsterMMORPG logged in if you leave your computer, or are in a public place e.g. library or school. Always log out when you finish, even if it's only to go for a few seconds. It's much better to lose a few seconds typing your password again than losing all your items/monsters when you are hacked!

Inappropriate language

MonsterMMORPG is a family-friendly game and we have some very young members. Being aggressive, swearing or talking about explicit topics is NOT allowed, and we will punish people we catch doing it.

Scamming

Always be very careful in trades and such. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Cheating programs

No such programs exist - there are no cheats or hacks in MonsterMMORPG. These are designed to place keyloggers and viruses onto your computer to steal your password and account.

Final notice

Unfortunately, very few people are actually going to look at this post. If you are, good job. If you are going to do what it says, even better. Try to persuade your friends to get secured passwords. If they don't have them, pester them until they get them safe. Remind people that there are mod impersonators and such, and not to give their passwords away. We want to keep everyone safe but unfortunately the people don't care or think it won't happen to them. When it does happen, we can't usually do anything about it!
[Image: ngynt3.png]
Lmao someone already tried to impersonate a moderator lol

I was talkin' to someone the other day who kept sayin' "I'll ban you if you don't give me your Voodoll" I was like, "If you want one that bad...go find it..." Then all they kept saying was "Do you wanna get banned?" over and over, so I just blocked them...
[Image: greyvodo.png]
Get a long and secured password, atleast 8 words would be FINE! If there are more, even better.

^^^ how about Characters Rock.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
(2011-06-06, 02:42 AM)Nitz_X Wrote: Get a long and secured password, atleast 8 words would be FINE! If there are more, even better.

^^^ how about Characters Rock.

Characters? use alteast 2 numbers.. and if possible don't use family names or anything suspicious.
[Image: ngynt3.png]
go rock gyo!
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
We should at least have a password system like..

Exhibit A : Very Weak|Weak|Strong|Very Strong.

Exhibit B : Your password must contain -
-At least 1 capital letter.
-7 characters long
-At least 1 number.

just to add this.

A government password.

2 numbers

2 lowercase letters

2 uppercase letters

2 special characters

at least 8 characters long.

CeFurkan Wrote:
heres an idea-get one of those phobia names tht r really long tht noone ever remembers
lol

Its harder to bruteforce a password that is not all one case letters.
CeFurkan Wrote:
indeed.
arachnophobia?

homophobia lolololol
I'm making a note here.

No xat links. someone put an xat link in there bio. if you do this i will ban you myself next time. now its in the rules so don't try to say it is not here.

No xat links.
Um, whats xat?
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Something you don't need to learn about!
Ps~ Google is your friend
Okay...
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
(2011-06-04, 06:17 PM)rock gyo Wrote: Moderator impersonation

Recently there have been a number of users trying to impersonate moderators and administrators, especially in the chats. Remember, staff members ALWAYS have a specific color for their rank, [CM]NAME or [SCM]NAME, mostly.

If it looks like:

Quote:example_1: <CM> give me ur pass or i ban you

Then it is an impersonator, and they should be banned.

Remember, it must be the colored text [CM] or [SCM], not <CM> OR <SCM> OR <STAFF>.

STAFF MEMBERS WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

Passwords

Get a secure password. Write it down if you need to. NEVER give it away, even to a trusted friend or member of staff!!!

NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE USE YOUR ACCOUNT. This includes brothers/sisters/cousins/etc. If you are caught account sharing, you will most likely be punished!

Don't leave MonsterMMORPG logged in if you leave your computer, or are in a public place e.g. library or school. Always log out when you finish, even if it's only to go for a few seconds. It's much better to lose a few seconds typing your password again than losing all your items/monsters when you are hacked!

Inappropriate language

MonsterMMORPG is a family-friendly game and we have some very young members. Being aggressive, swearing or talking about explicit topics is NOT allowed, and we will punish people we catch doing it.

Scamming

Always be very careful in trades and such. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Cheating programs

No such programs exist - there are no cheats or hacks in MonsterMMORPG. These are designed to place keyloggers and viruses onto your computer to steal your password and account.

Final notice

Unfortunately, very few people are actually going to look at this post. If you are, good job. If you are going to do what it says, even better. Try to persuade your friends to get secured passwords. If they don't have them, pester them until they get them safe. Remind people that there are mod impersonators and such, and not to give their passwords away. We want to keep everyone safe but unfortunately the people don't care or think it won't happen to them. When it does happen, we can't usually do anything about it!
I like the ideal
Get a long and secured password
asdasd