Poll: Should a Ghost Type Move be able to...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Inflict a Status (Burn, Freeze, Sleep) on a Normal Type
20.00%
Trap a Normal Type (Trapping is not considered a Status)
20.00%
Modify the Normal Monster's attack stats etc
30.00%
None of the above
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question 
(You can vote for more than one choice)

So the question is, how immune should a normal type monster be to a ghost type move?

Curious to hear peoples thoughts.

And seems controversial enough,
-Uri

Right now the game allows Trapping and Modifying a Normal Monsters attack stat.
[Image: thelegendssigf.png]
The Bloodbath Arena Leader for the Legends Guild.
My Monster Fanfiction story!
I think they should be effected by stat changes, but not by status' (Bleed, Poison, Burn...etc.)

Also, I think that Trapping should be counted as a Status and therefore shouldn't work either.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Eeek messed up in creating the poll :-(  There was supposed to be a none of the above option.  Can a mod fix this?

Edit: Thanks awesome moderator person :-)

Edit Edit: The idea of making trapping a status is interesting. It makes Perfect Body more powerful...
So IDK. :-) I am also completely biased with regards to that issue, and so I think it would be unfair of me to judge.
(2013-04-30, 06:18 AM)UritheLostLight Wrote: Edit Edit: The idea of making trapping a status is interesting.  It makes Perfect Body more powerful...
So IDK. :-)
I'm not sure if it's possible to code it this way, but I think it would be ideal if you could trap a perfect body mon, but it could also be cleared like a status. 

Sounds weird, but if you think about it, it makes sense lol
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Interesting...
So are you saying that there would be special moves that remove the trapping effect in contrast to moves that just say remove all statuses from this monsters?
(2013-04-30, 06:28 AM)UritheLostLight Wrote: Interesting...
So are you saying that there would be special moves that remove the trapping effect in contrast to moves that just say remove all statuses from this monsters?
Exactly, kind of a yin and yang thing. 

Have some moves that remove trapping. I would imagine the using monster would be forcing its way out of the trap if that makes sense.
I guess I view trapping as potentially more psychological and so I could see it bypassing the immunity.  But maybe this should be the exception to the rule.  I.e some moves that trap work even if the opposing monster is immune to it.

Hint: Some moves in a future update should bypass or maybe even be super effective to immunities ;-).  But thats a different topic.  

But with regards to stat modification and inflicting statuses, it's harder to explain why it should bypass the immunity IMO.
(2013-04-30, 06:34 AM)UritheLostLight Wrote: Hint: Some moves in a future should bypass immunities ;-).  But thats a different topic.  

But with regards to stat modification and inflicting statuses, it's harder to explain why it should bypass the immunity IMO.
I like that idea for a move. Again, IDK what kind of coding would go into that, but its a neat idea. 

As far as stat modification I see it similarly to how you see trapping. IMO it would be a Psychological thing so it would bypass the immunities.

Status' being nulled by immunities is easy to explain as it would physically effect the targeted monster.
I feel that - going along with the term 'Immunity' - that ghost shouldn't, under any circumstances, be able to effect a normal-type opponent.

If there had to be one thing that could bypass the immunity, it'd be stat changes. How would a ghost-type move trap a normal opponent? It's like wind preventing a car from leaving the driveway. Statuses would also be weird, if a ghost touches you, and you have absolutely no supernatural senses, you'd feel a could chill, like losing some defense, not become frozen to the spot.

Stat changes would make the most sense, if anything. But I feel any of them may defeat the purpose of the word 'Immunity'.
[Image: Mud_Legion_by_Kwihll-SigAlt.png]
In-game Account Name: Zelfore