Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilds Being In-Game
the two are inexorably linked here.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
i'll come up with some game side ideas at some point, building from what i suggested for the forum side
You dare Challenge ME ?

I'll go and highlight the game side in a bold red. Anything not highlighted is bleh.

Blue can be forum.

Purple is both.
Alright, we are getting kinda active in the guilds section and I want to know if there is anything else to add before I move this thread out.
Umm.....
In Game Ideas:

Guild Master , The Control Page :

Under the player tab or forum tab, with registered Guild masters there should be editable side links, so that the guild master can have quick link access to all of their team threads

The guild master should have a option in their pm to pm all their team members, just a check box of the members of their guild to quick pm relevant info

Guild Members:

Shouldn't need saying , but as an extension of a guild, the members would be ipso facto representing that guild in chat and on forum, so breaking the rules would need more than 15 minute bans, also , there needs to be some sort of activity threshold people have to reach in order to apply for guilds, having members join then go inactive would be pointless.

Guild Master: The title and commander ? : If we are adding new titles, having one for guild master would be extremely cool imo , could go under / above usernames just like the donation titles, i mean, if they are going to be a big feature ( would assume that the large influx of new and returning players would create a lot more team / guild activity ) then having a way to identify the leaders would not only help potential joiners, but be a cool feature too imo

wow what happened with that multiquote?
Moved to Idea Development.

This thread is for conversations of improvements and idea suggesting for how Guilds can be in game. This has nothing to do with monsters.
just wanted to say we staffers have been developing this idea in the back room and that is why it suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
(2012-06-12, 03:57 PM)orboknown Wrote: just wanted to say we staffers have been developing this idea in the back room and that is why it suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
Eh seeing how no mods were posting on this anymore, I decided to gather the user version of it.

There are plenty of posts with suggestions and improvements on the topic at hand, so before posting your ideas, please look at those posts so we don't have duplicates.
I know that, I just wanted people to know where it came from.
Eh...

You'd have to do a Lot to put these in place... keep people from jumping teams and such... Its a lot of work.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
i know but its a good idea none the less
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
snor stop talking like he was talking to you :p

@nitz-nonetheless, wouldn't hurt to have it
(2012-06-12, 04:05 PM)Nitz_X Wrote: Eh...

You'd have to do a Lot to put these in place... keep people from jumping teams and such... Its a lot of work.
Yes it may be a lot of work but that's why we have it here in Idea Development for users to suggest and improve Smile
orbo ,really i took it as it was for everyone
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
Bumped for people to review and give their opinion/suggestions towards the topic at hand.
This is something that we really do need if this game is going to be extremely professional.

Almost all games do, an this would greatly help wars and battles an whatnot be kept track of.

Heck, people could even have a highscore's board for guilds to see who can be the strongest guild.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
(2012-04-18, 08:41 PM)Kamidara Wrote: I'm not sure about this or how it would work but.. O.o

If you're in a guild, it should be found in your in-game profile too. To post in forum, there should be a legit guild registration thread and you post your registration in that thread and only your registration.

Those who have the authority of approving that guild can post the approval or disapproval. There should be an in-game function in the Control Panel handling who is in a guild and who isn't, only allowed by a guild leader.

We record guild leaders in-game and forum accounts and know who should have access to that tab and who shouldn't. The ranks and other things in a guild have nothing to do in-game, so we shouldn't worry about that.

Under Control Panel, there's a new tab named "Manage Guild" and inside of it would list the following :
  • Adding A Member - Member's Username - This person is added to the guild.
  • Drop A Member - Member's Username - This person is dismissed from the guild.
  • Anything else needed :/
  • Anything else needed :/
Once a member is added, they receive a pm saying they were added to the guild. Same thing with being dismissed.But to be truthful and responsible, members first have to be talked to about joining or leaving before they are added or dismissed.

Feel free to post any suggestions.
Hmm
Invitations..

Guild Leaders should be able to create their own little invitations that can be sent to pms of users. So, we create our invitation and then there will be a bar where we enter the username of the user we want to invite.

It is sent via pm. Simple enough? Tongue
Guilds need levels from 1-10!
https://instantboss.org/
I just really wanted to use this link... >.>
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2012-10-15, 12:53 AM)Ghost Wrote: Guilds need levels from 1-10!
https://instantboss.org/
I just really wanted to use this link... >.>
LOL I LOVE THAT XDDDD

I CAN'T STOP CLICKING IT!!!!!!

and yes, guild levels.
I'm all for the guild thing.
There will also be a top guild list. Guilds can be established in-game and forum.

As we have a Top Trainers list, there will be a Top Guild list. What the Guilds could have listed for stats and to be number 1 :

Amount of Members
Total points calculated from each member - Each member has a total score, that total score of each individual member will add up into 1 total score for the whole guild.
Guild Initials

Hmm.. not sure what else to add there.

Guild Initials
It is posted when the creator of the guild has given it a guild initials. There will be a spot for it in the "Make A Guild" section tab part of the game.

Sample --
If the guild's name is "Crimson Fang Pirates" then their guild initials will be CFP.
how will the individuals score be computed, except by hand? the game would have to be coded to auto add/remove anyone to affect the score
Idk how to work it out, I'm not into computer programming and program programming and algorithms and such....

It's a suggestion and yes, I wonder if CeFurkan could do it and I believe he would be able to do it. He has inexplicable knowledge!
That's exaggerating, but overall, he's an intelligent man and I believe he can do it!

FUS RO DAH!!!!

Other mmorpgs have this kind of thing too :/
Yea I know, but they have whole coding teams. we don't
(2012-10-18, 07:14 PM)orboknown Wrote: Yea I know, but they have whole coding teams. we don't
They have teams, we have 1 person who accomplished a significant amount with his own gained knowledge. It took other people a team to make a game that is actually less developed than ours.

Remember, sometimes, it's skill than numbers Wink Works in different kinds of situations.
yea. I didn't mean cefurkan wasn't good, I just meant it is easier to do with numbers.
(2012-10-18, 07:22 PM)orboknown Wrote: yea. I didn't mean cefurkan wasn't good, I just meant it is easier to do with numbers.
Tis true, but hold some faith in CeFurkan Smile

Monster MMORPG having guilds is a must and if he agrees with the stuff posted, then I believe we are one step closer to making a better browser mmorpg - better than pokemon - better than Nintenbutts.