Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flavor Text Thread!
I like stories, do you? Long or short, I think anyone who's played this game has some sort of story they've tied to a monster. Pokemon had a piece of flavor text for every. single. creature. that the franchise rolled out, and we kinda want a piece of that, don't we? lol So, have at it, fellow forum users! Let's get this community project started and write away!

(2012-12-01, 04:49 AM)garbagekeeper Wrote: Okay, for any monsters that I've redone, DO NOT DO THOSE. FOR SURE I WILL DO THOSE.

(In the event that the Monster-Pedia DOES get a written description section for the monsters, this will be the place said information is pulled from. I'll do my best to keep a rolling list of the monsters described and written about with links to the posts, though it will probably be updated once a week. Say, Wednesday.)

Flolz: -link -
Shariond: -link -
Dicaccio: -link -

Dodumb: -link -

Wolvy: -link -
Skiarf: -link -
Skafski: -link -
i don't get it..
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
(2012-12-01, 03:56 AM)fjkulit Wrote: i don't get it..
A few quick examples of thing I've already written. c:

Dodumb Wrote:
[Image: 445Dodumb.png]
Historically, Dodumb has always been of an unimpressive sort mentally.
Early accounts of this monster are ten times more likely to describe how
well the bird tasted with onions than how difficult it was to catch or
how much of a fight the bird put up. Most likely because Dodumb will
happily walk up to a hunter, honk, then try to make friends. In the
evenings, you can hear this bird's obnoxious calls: HUUURP-DUUUURP.

Skafski line Wrote:[Image: 181Wolvy.png][Image: 182Skiarf.png][Image: 183Skafski.png]
I know what you're thinking; "Oh, a puppy! How cute!" But try not to
fall for it's evil tricks. Yes, while this may be a cuddly puppy on the
outside, it is actually an evil alien controlling an innocent fluffy
mind with it's scarfy-evil. It ties itself (Because the scarf is
sentient. DON'T JUDGE MY INSANITY!) firmly around the poor Wolvi's neck,
just out of reach of the dog's teeth and paws. Over time, it'll assume
complete control of the body - but at this stage, the pup is usually
oblivious to the danger present.

Feel bad for Skiarf. Do it. Now. Poor thing has finally caught on to the
evil scarf's agenda, (Probably because it's been growing steadily
longer, sustaining itself on shed fur. Eeee...) but upon trying to claw
off the poly-cotton menace, the scarf retaliates by wrapping up the
pup's front legs and muzzle. From there, its only a short matter of time
before Skiarf gives in to the scarf's demands and abandons all hope of
being a normal flea-bitten mutt.

The scarf has won. No longer is the mind of the dog in charge. Yes, the
evil alien sash has assumed total control over its host and continues to
grow longer with time. We're still trying to figure out exactly why
Scafski and it's brood are targeted by these knitted evils... Part of
some conspiracy? Are they trying to overthrow government? Is Henrie just
making up an alien story to explain the weird scarf-dog?
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Okay, for any monsters that i've redone, DO NOT DO THOSE. FOR SURE I WILL DO THOSE.
[Image: GolurkSig.png] Sig by SparrowHawk. Go check his sigs out.
lol...please dont make any silly storries about the monsters....make them semi-realistic
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
yeah semi realistic
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Although the Wolvy family's description was creative, I'm going to have to argue and say that would be unsuitable for the game. I believe there are better ways to describe Wolvy, and I don't think alien scarves will fit into a proper M3O canon. Wanna write a fanfiction about alien scarves? Knock yourself out with a 2-by-4. I don't care. I'm just agreeing with Staff and Snor. What I want description-wise is what you did with Dodumb. ("HURP-DURP"... lol, derp) Here's an example of how I would describe a monster...

Flolz hop through the frigid tundra, chewing on the scruffy plants that live there. They are normally mellow, solitary animals, but when it begins to rain or snow, they gather in large groups and talk amongst themselves with a soft chirruping noise. Their thick blue fur protects them from the cold, but the bare, crystalline shapes on their body freeze water on contact. Flolz are very intelligent, and they are able to locate food and hide from predators at a very young age. They have been raised by the Monster Organization (possible canon concept?) for use as starter monsters by new players.

Upon evolution, Shariond have stood up on their hind legs and moved to the icy northern coastlines. They have also changed their diet, becoming omnivores where they used to be herbivores. They still mostly eat plants, but when winter rolls around and the ice sheets come in, they switch their diet to fish or birds to survive. They have started to swim, although their fur can slow them down at times.

Dicaccio have moved off the northern shores and now live entirely on the polar icecaps. Their fur has shortened and slicked down, repelling water instead of retaining it. They are very flexible, swimming like glowing mermaids through the icy depths of the ocean. They primarily feed on mollusks, fish, and kelp, getting the whole of their nutrition from the sea. Dicaccio can control the freezing capabilities of the crystals on their body, and they use their aquakinetic and cryokinetic powers to manipulate water and ice for extremely strong attacks. When mating season arrives, they return to the tundra where they were born, give birth to a new generation of Flolz, and move back to the icecaps, leaving their young to fend for themselves.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
Story was copy-pasted from my art thread, where 95% of the writing is composed at 3 in the morning after staring at fur tufts for hours. I do not excuse silly writing, but in a few words I will very happily say : write a better one yourself. c: I was grabbing for a basic example, and if something's remotely funny, it's the thing I grab for. Note: I lead with a dodo.

XD Not angry at any of you, my writing would be AWFUL if it actually went in the game. Absolutely so. I accept this as one of my major creative weaknesses. Ya'll write better than I do. And that's why this is here. So I don't muck up the game with the things I've written. *nodnod* (Like I would seriously input alien scarves unless I was backed into a corner. XD )

THAT ALL ASIDE. Pfft. Tongue Monster Organization? Like the group breeding monsters for everyone with an e-mail address? If you wanna expand on that, it sounds solid. c: Maybe mention them in the description of a few more starters. (Although it brings up the no breeding loophole. Reproduction in general seems to do that, lol)
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
oh yay Big Grin

Here's my line for Piraid:

Piraids have littered the four seas of the darkest corners of the world for centuries, looting merchant ships and the like. Those cunning enough to tame it, such as those buccaneers and freebooters of the past times, usually enjoyed the good fortune of the enormous bounty that Piraids have claimed from pillaging barges and digging through shipwrecks.
(2012-12-01, 04:52 PM)Henrie Wrote: Story was copy-pasted from my art thread, where 95% of the writing is composed at 3 in the morning after staring at fur tufts for hours. I do not excuse silly writing, but in a few words I will very happily say : write a better one yourself. c: I was grabbing for a basic example, and if something's remotely funny, it's the thing I grab for. Note: I lead with a dodo.

XD Not angry at any of you, my writing would be AWFUL if it actually went in the game. Absolutely so. I accept this as one of my major creative weaknesses. Ya'll write better than I do. And that's why this is here. So I don't muck up the game with the things I've written. *nodnod* (Like I would seriously input alien scarves unless I was backed into a corner. XD )

THAT ALL ASIDE. Pfft. Tongue Monster Organization? Like the group breeding monsters for everyone with an e-mail address? If you wanna expand on that, it sounds solid. c: Maybe mention them in the description of a few more starters. (Although it brings up the no breeding loophole. Reproduction in general seems to do that, lol)
Ohohoho, dodos are good to lead with. I understand creative weaknesses; I can't draw digitally to save my life. Tongue Still, you're not a terrible writer; I've seen your descriptions for Nytinel and Nytenos, and they were pretty good, if I do say so myself. Big Grin
When I put in the Monster Organization, I was thinking about a large, quasi-governmental body that hands out starters and runs the Monster Centers, as well as accepting donations in exchange for Organization-bred monsters and steroid-like injections that max out UVs. And who else would be the president of the Organization other than CeFurkan himself? *evil laugh* I essentially tried to turn the game administration into an in-universe concept. Shoot meh.

Species: Beach Drake
Dracby can be seen on the rocky coasts of volcanic islands, hunting crabs and playing in the ocean spray. Due to their lack of interaction with humans in their natural habitat, they are fearless and inquisitive and will often walk right up to a person. Dracby are still young creatures, making them vulnerable to predators. To defend themselves, they use their strong bite and the strange crystal blades on their cheeks, which harbor an energy that can cause very minor radiation poisoning. Once a predator is incapacitated in some way, the Dracby will bound away over the rocks. They are a very recent addition to the Monster Organization's lineup of starters.

Species: Marine Iguana
Seagon have a very high metabolism, and they require large quantities of nutrition to survive. As a result, they have migrated into the waters just off their island homes so they can hunt schools of fish. They band together in groups of three to six and swim rapidly through the water, steering with their dorsal and arm fins. They have grown another pair of cheek blades, which they use to slice the fins off their prey to immobilize them. They are still curious of humans; some sailors report having Seagon jump into their boats to investigate.

Species: Terror of the Sea
If anything deserves the title "Terror of the Sea," it is most certainly Bermudrac. These powerful beasts live in huge clans under the ocean, now able to breathe the water they have lived in for so long. They establish their territory in a part of the sea enclosed by a triangle of three islands and guard it viciously. Whenever an unwanted visitor arrives, the entire clan will swim in a circle to create whirlpool action. A single Bermudrac may pop its head above the waves to survey its watery domain, and if it sees a human ship, you can guarantee it will climb aboard. Most of the time, it's just innocent curiosity, but the humans' reaction to its frightening appearance can make it feel threatened, and it will strike back. This prompts the entire clan to join in and sink the boat. The radiation from one clan of Bermudrac is strong enough to disrupt navigational equipment, crash some airplanes, and cause unusual weather patterns in their territory.

In other words, the strange anomalies in the Bermuda Triangle are caused by a clan of Bermudrac that we just haven't found yet. (Just kidding)

AGH. SUCH A LONG POOOOST
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack