Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have been kicking around the idea for holiday events. I talked in chat about it and Even posted something about it somewhere. I apologize my memory eludes me at the moment.

The idea is have certain monsters only available for that month. For example, this month we have thanksgiving, we could have a couple monsters that would only appear in the wild for this month that were themed for thanksgiving. Next month there would be christmas monsters available to be caught. They don't have to be available for the entire month either, the less they appear and the smaller the time window, the more of a collectable they become.
For months that there isn't a significant holiday, maybe just one or a couple really cool monsters that are only available that month or time frame.

Reason I suggest this is because it adds a uniqueness to the game. Collectors would hunt them because they would become collectables. Nice yearly trophies.

Time frame of monsters appearing in wild could be month long. It could also only be during the weekends of that month. Or maybe just a week or two long period in the middle of the month.

Appear rate, I think it should be low. The lower the better in my opinion. I like the idea of the appearance rate to be similiar to what legends are now. I feel this to keep them rare. If they were to appear at the zenith rate it might prove to high. Although thinking of how small the window is over the course of a year, the zenith rate might be alright also.

Where they appear. This is a bit harder to nail down. Possible just match the enviroment to what type of monster it is. Fire types, in the desert, ice types in the snow lands, ect. ect.

Downsides.
Prices for these monsters during times of unavailability would sky rocket. (that could be good also, for the seller)
Extra work for the dev. team to produce a monster for only a limited time availability. (once done though, it will be done.)
I am drawing blanks on more downsides. If anyone would like to poke holes in what is here, please do. I think if this idea is done right it would add to the game overall.
Yeah that would be so cool>>> nice idea snoozn
I like it I wonder what monsters they would be though
[Image: image]
I support this.nice idea snoozn.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Yes this is nice...and this idea works It has been implemented in various forms on many mmo's *Runescape is a very well known one...they have special holiday items like last christmas it was a candy cane weapon and "ghost" clothing*...and it provides seniority perks *people having monsters that no one else can get for a while* without providing too much of a disadvantage to newcomers Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
i support
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
very clever idea I support we should have monsters themed to the holidays
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
Thank you for all the positive feedback. I just keep thinking how cool this would be. Smile
I think this would be a great idea. I wouldn't mind going out of my way to produce limited time monsters
Didn't i not suggest this on a thread? Let me get the quote .
On the thread Knost Monster's Void Said,"Nice Work , look like Halloween special monsters that are so pose to be released only ona Halloween Event."

[Image: patrick_star_signature__by_astra_star-d393bi2.jpg]
Its a good idea. If you want I can quick sketch some ideas for event Monsters for you. PM me with some design ideas and I'd be glad to help! Smile
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
if gk is behind it we must get it done.
Was I suppose to make a list of supporters? lol... I am so nub sometimes.
this ties into me n deis ideas XD