Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dizzard's Drawings Thread
Hello, I've been away from making Fakemon for a while but I've decided I'm going to make a stab at it again. Hopefully this time my confidence will grow a bit more. I intend to go back over some of these and give them a new lick of paint since some of them are getting old now. I also need to get on to making their evolutions, I tend to go straight to a new line rather than finishing evolution lines.

Glycomz (Gly [rhymes with high] - comz)
[Image: GlycomzNew2-1.png]
Type: Rock/Psychic
Species: Communications Fakemon
Gender Ratio: Genderless
Evolution: Evolves into ??? (I'm thinking either the name Glycometz or Glycominz for it's evolution) at level 34

Description: In ancient times, Glycomz were used to relay simple messages from people to people. As long as the receiver also had a Glycomz they could receive the message. A message is input by pressing the buttons on the front of it's body (different order and timing depending on the message) and a message is received by noting the colour/blinking of the lights (blue in this picture) around Glycomz body. With modern advancements in communicating there has been less need for Glycomz. These days it's more likely to see a Glycomz expressing it's emotional state by changing the colour of the lights on it's body. They make little noise.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Tizanboo (Artizan + Boo)
[Image: TizanbooPic-1.png]

Type: Ghost
Species: Artistic Fakemon
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Evolution: Evolves into Perspectre at level 38 and finally evolves into Goghst through undecided means.

Description: Rumours say that Tizanboo are actually born from the souls of artists who actually starve to death. It has been known to react in a wildly disruptive fashion whenever it sees a piece of art it doesn't like. As a result many artists like to keep a Tizanboo around to judge their work. It's hands serve as multi-purpose tools in making sculptures and in painting.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ufire (U-Fire)
[Image: Ufire5.png]

Type: Fire
Species: Oddity Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves into Ufuego at level 44.

Description: Ufire is an incredibly unique fakemon as, upon evolution it will become either Male or Female depending on the gender ratio of it's opponents fought. Ufire is an incredibly watchful fakemon and has been known to stare intently at it's owner and others at inappropriate times. Some believe this is because it has a genetic instinct to gather information for the day it is called up to the mothership. The brown markings on it's body make more sense when you see it's evolution.

__________________________________________________________________________________

These three are all I'm posting for now, I have more to show you.......but it's really late here and I need to be heading to bed.

cool.I like that you have descriptions for them.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
This following fakemon is the first fakemon I ever made (well I had done scribbles before that, this was my first serious attempt) It's a single line fakemon and doesn't have any other relatives.

Brystrich [Bry rhymes with high - strich (from Ostrich)
[Image: BrystrichPic.png]

Type: Psychic/Flying
Species: Ostrich Fakemon
Evolution: Does not evolve

Description: The ringing of the bell on Brystrich's tail is an extremley rare occurence, it is said that whoever hears the ringing of Brystrich's bell will discover their true purpose in life. People of ancient times used to hold Brystrich in high regard as they were believed to be messengers of the gods.

I really ought to fix it's eyes, it looks like it's tripping. Tongue Also it's feet and tail could do with some work.

Bastot
[Image: BastotTest.png]

Type: Steel/Poison
Species: Sewer Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves into Olabastor with high happiness.

Description: Bastot are extremley shy and almost never leave their parents side. The tips of Bastot contain a deadly potent poison that occasionally makes their parents mildly ill. The steel of a Bastot is very malleable and so a Bastot usually molds the steel to make pockets to put it's hands into....so not to accidentely make those around it ill.

Olabastor (Olla-bas-store)
[Image: OlabastorPic.png]

Type: Steel/Poison
Species: Sewer Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves from Bastot with high happiness

Description: Olabastor have an unusual tendency to rub their hands together. These fakemon are normally sewer dwellers but have been known to steal items above ground and bring them back for their children to play with. Olabastor have extremely strong defences and their sticky bodies make it difficult to move them, they are often used in situations where you want to keep something from getting in.

I think I need to rework the shading on Olabastor. I'm considering making another evolution for Olabastor. It doesn't really look like a final form.

I'll have more later. Smile

looks good man
Which Olabastor do you think looks better? The one above, or this one:

[Image: OlabastorNew.png]
the only difference is the second one has a lighter body. Both look good to me.
I think the second looks better, the skin has more of a slimy look.

Some more of my fakemon...

Pigil (Pidge-el) (Pigeon+Vigil)
[Image: PigilNew.png]
Type: Dark/Flying
Species: Watcher Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves once
Description: Pigil keep a watchful eye over graveyards, protecting them from grave robbers and those up to no good. They will descend in great numbers on those who attempt to desecrate a grave. Witnesses describe it to be a terrifying event. Some may believe it has bloody flesh on it's breast however this is just a body pattern.

Firboon (Fir + Baboon)
[Image: FirboonPic.png]
Type: Grass
Species: Heavyweight Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves into Firbash (tentative name) at level 40

Description: Firboon are one of the heaviest fakemon in existence. They like to sleep in treetops but have been known to fall occasionally. For this reason great caution must be taken when travelling through a forest containing Firboon as if one falls on you, you are likely to spend a few weeks in hospital. They have been known to share a friendly rivalry with Shamire. (another fakemon I really need to redo)

Pipsquice (Pip-Skweece) (Name is a mixture of: Pipsqueak, Mice and Ice)
[Image: PipsquiceFinished.png]
Type: Normal/Ice
Species: Tiny Mouse Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves into Vegavice at level 22

Description: Easily distracted, Pipsquice are often found playing with the puffball like tassels that grow from it's ears. With seemingly no common sense it's often left to Vegavice to keep the young Pipsquice out of harms way.

Firboon and Pipsquice need a reworking. Firboons eyes are a little off.

Dang.You're really pumping it out. Keep up the good work. And maybe learn how to make them on gimp or photoshop?
I suggest Photoshop.

GK uses photoshop and hers come out well.
(2011-12-29, 04:47 PM)orboknown Wrote: Dang.You're really pumping it out. Keep up the good work. And maybe learn how to make them on gimp or photoshop?
Well actually, the ones I posted where ones I had already done. Except for Glycomz and Olabastor I did a little work on them today.

Erm actually I do use GIMP. I guess I still have a long way to go with it.
These look like they were done in paint. Very good paint nontheless
That Brystrich was obviously done in paint but the rest don't look like paint material.

I can see Gimp work in the others.
I'll keep working on them. Is there anything specific you think I need to work on to make them better?

I'll post another two fakemon I made a while ago.

Nuclabbage (New-clab-bage)
[Image: NuclabbageNew.png]

Type: Grass/Poison
Species: Nuclear Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves from Babbage through undecided means

Description: Well known for being mischievous, Nuclabbage are always irritating their owners with their tricks. A mulch forms inside it's head which many people use as a fertilizer.

Clamitty

[Image: ClamittyPic.png]
Type: Water/Fighting
Species: Vengeance Clam Fakemon
Evolution: Evolves from Clababo through undecided means, evolves into ??? through undecided means.

Description: Easily agitated, Clamitty have been known to hold grudges for a very long time. Clamitty are always training their bodies by swimming against ocean currents and smashing rocks. They are popular among seafarers and are often found working in shipyards.

Aww, I'm loving Pipsquice's design!

And although Photoshop is great, I highly suggest considering PaintTool SAI as well, I use it and love how easy it is to work with. You can download a trial but unfortunately you can't save your work without buying . . . But at $60 it's extremely cheap compared to PS at $300+ if you ever plan to buy an art program.

Here's a few examples of what I've done in Sai:
[Image: 2qi8rpl.jpg]

And this.

I've gotten this well after years of practice however, and an art tablet will help greatly with keeping your lines less shakey too!
(2011-12-31, 07:54 AM)Verceri Wrote: Aww, I'm loving Pipsquice's design!

And although Photoshop is great, I highly suggest considering PaintTool SAI as well, I use it and love how easy it is to work with. You can download a trial but unfortunately you can't save your work without buying . . . But at $60 it's extremely cheap compared to PS at $300+ if you ever plan to buy an art program.

Here's a few examples of what I've done in Sai:
[Image: 2qi8rpl.jpg]

And this.

I've gotten this well after years of practice however, and an art tablet will help greatly with keeping your lines less shakey too!
Thanks, that looks really nice. Smile

I'll give PaintTool Sai a test run. I might stick with gimp in the end though, I know of some people on deviantart that use gimp to make their fakemon...and they turn out really well.

I'll post some more fakemon I made ages ago, also these Fakemon were all going to inhabit the Bargeo (Bar-jee-o) region:

[Image: BargeoRegionMapFinished2.png]

The image is a bit small though. I should also mention that I used some of teaaddiction's sprites (https://teaaddiction.deviantart.com/) when making this map.

It's on deviantart too, with more information. https://sabrewulf238.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d34f8vq

Some more old fakemon...

Iklepilla (Ick-el-pill-a)
[Image: IklepillaPic.png]

Type: Bug
Species: Caterpillar
Evolution: Evolves into Koonrise at level 18 and into Tsarpill at level 30.

Description: Very timid, Iklepilla try to keep to themselves as much as possible. Even at an early age Iklepilla has the capability of using telekinesis to levitate itself away from predators. However it struggles to lift anything larger than itself.

Floguin (Flow-gwin)
[Image: FloguinPic.png]

Type: Water/Ice
Species: Floater
Evolution: Evolves once

Description: Floguin can often be seen bobbing along ocean currents blissfully. If it finds anyone lost it sea it will attempt to rescue them. As it's under feathers are much lighter than water a person can grab hold of a Floguin and it will not sink. They are often used as aides to those learning to swim.

The heart like shape around it's head is supposed to represent a sort of life jacket. (even though it's a part of it's body and not clothing)

Belsagag (Bell-sa-gag)
[Image: BelsagagPic.png]
Type: Ghost/Steel
Species: Tolling
Gender Ratio: (90% Male, 10% Female)
Evolution: Evolves into Beldamag (only if female, otherwise it never evolves) at level 38.

Description: A being closely linked to the spirit world. Some believe it pulls the souls of the dead into it's head with it's eight hands. It makes a disturbing gagging sound by waggling it's tongue back and forth. Sometimes it's eight arms appear to be lifeless. (like threads)

The images definitely not bad but you need to improve overall quality.
Can I ask which of my fakemon do you think is the strongest in terms of quality?

Or are they in around the same?
(2011-12-31, 02:02 PM)Dizzard Wrote: Can I ask which of my fakemon do you think is the strongest in terms of quality?

Or are they in around the same?
this one might be : [Image: BelsagagPic.png]
Nuclabbage is EPIC, proves that greens arent always good for us. Big Grin
[Image: 33db1vm.png]
I'm working on Glycomz and it's evolution Glycominz at the moment, but I'll post another old fakemon and a description.

Levibon
[Image: LevibonPic-1.png]
Type: Normal
Species: Cocoon Bunny
Evolution: Evolves Twice

Description: Levibon's fur has a silk like texture. It hangs from trees using it's silk like appendages all day long swaying in the breeze. They live out their lives in silk cocoons until it is time for them to evolve. This offers them much comfort and protection from the elements. Unfortunately this also makes them very clumsy if they try to travel anywhere.

My intention is for Levibon's evolutions to be based on Aerial Silk Dancers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_silk

I was working on Glycomz yesterday. I changed the buttons and the eyes a little bit. Also worked on making the shading more obvious.

[Image: GlycomzShine-2.png]

Going to work on it's evolution now.

Been working on the evolution of Glycomz and I think I'm ready to show people.

Glycominz (Addition to the base name and a play on "Come in" like how people would sometimes say if they were trying to communicate with someone over a line)
[Image: GlycominzSmall.png]
Type: Rock/Psychic
Species: Communications
Evolution: Evolves from Glycomz at level 34-38 (somewhere in this region)

Description: Upon evolution Glycominz ability to communicate is enhanced. It now can not only relay visual messages but also audio messages. The glass like antenna (which doubles as a light that changes colour just like Glycomz) helps Glycominz reach further distances than Glycomz and helps make incoming messages more reliable and stable. It appears to have signal symbols which float (in a circular motion) around it's antenna. If you look carefully you can see something unusual.

So that's it for that line. Glycomz & Glycominz.

The name Glycominz might change if it turns out to be too similar to Glycomz.
not bad. keep working and try to improve your art. everything get better with working
good work ^_^ would you mind checking out some monsters i drew,and tll me how to improve?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Does anyone have any tips for drawing at different angles and in general making my work a little more dynamic?

You've probably noticed I have some issues with drawing things at an angle to make them more interesting. So all of the fakemon are facing straight forward. :/

This next fakemon I just finished has been hanging over me for a while. Its feet kept giving me trouble for some reason and even now it still doesn't look right. I wanted to get it done for the moment though so here it is.

Toxipaw (Toxic + Paw)
[Image: ToxipawSmall.png]
Type: Poison
Species: Bear Cub
Evolution: Evolves into Berbleh at level 40

Description: A bear cub that has begun eating toxic fluids as a part of its diet. A thick layer of toxic waste has begun to seep out of its head. It's believed that a long time ago the Toxipaw had very large ears which have now been consumed by the toxic waste. They appear to be able to hear just fine though.

It's supposed to be based off a honey bear, except he eats toxic fluids instead of honey.
cute stuff ^^
Lovely Work keep doing this and You will certainly improve allot very soon.
I like your drawings but try to improve the quality
bump !
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]