difficulty curve of the game has been cranked up to 11. (Out of 10,
mind you.) You start off with a level 10 starter, and even with a full
team of monsters, can find yourselves spawning at the Monster Center
after a failed battle with a level 2 emissary. (I know I'm not that
great of a trainer, but, uh... it's happened a few times. And not with
type disadvantages, either. :x )

It makes the game hard and
frustrating to play. I'd quit on it after about 5 minutes, especially
at a normal exp gain curve! (We're getting an exp buff right now.
imagine trying to actually TRAIN in these conditions. Ewwww.)

I
think we need to put the fun back in the game before updating the main
server, or we'll lose the small player-base that we have. I don't think
we need to give wild monsters the boosts they have, or, at the very
least, the percentages should be toned down severely. Running back to
the monster center every single battle just to train is a trying
experience. I did not enjoy it.

What I think we should try:

- Remove wild monster stat bonuses.
- Half the bonuses for NPC monsters (They still get buffed, but half as much, to account for TP training and such.)
- Work on monster loot drops. c: As far as it is between towns, I'd be tickled pink to see monsters dropping healing potions.

I
was also playing with the idea of lowering how much experience it takes
to level up monsters. But That'd be frustrating for people who already
have level 100's and fought hard for them. Also, with higher level
monsters in the wild, it might be easier to achieve those higher levels
anyway. Can't tell. Haven't played the game without crazy bonuses.

Side
note on loot drops: I'd like to see monsters only drop loot, and not
money. Tongue If you want money, sell some of the dropped items and fight
trainers. Monsters don't carry coin. x'D (Well, perhaps some of them
do, but that could be their loot drop. lol )
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
what concerns me most is,what about level 100 simoly,etc. i noticed there was things such as ___ higher then ___ and last level gained ___,and if its level 100,we would have to start fresh,and if it meets standards,it will need an extra 8 or so levels,would it go to level 92,or get 8m exp off the bat ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Monsters Dropping items was considered and looked at by CeFurkan Tongue

Also, yes, game is really hard. It would be even harder without the boost. Seriously, ancients in first zone? C'mon, playing test server made me want to quit so many times.. Level 100s don't solve problems ;-;
(2012-12-24, 12:18 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Monsters Dropping items was considered and looked at by CeFurkan Tongue

Also, yes, game is really hard. It would be even harder without the boost. Seriously, ancients in first zone? C'mon, playing test server made me want to quit so many times.. Level 100s don't solve problems ;-;
the thing is if cefurkan added the over level 100 feature it wouldnt take too long to have a monster go past the level(because of high level legends and ancients)
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
i think this is right
What if all the Ancient Greek Sculptures are actually Victims of Medusa 0_0
(2012-12-24, 12:18 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Monsters Dropping items was considered and looked at by CeFurkan Tongue

Agreed I couldn't get past the first zone with my starter that was 50 :3 it was getting demolished by a level 20 ancient every single time the difficulty has to be bumped down a bit it'll be close to impossible with the real server.
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
he said in chat the other day that they were going to be this strong in real serever
I say, get rid of the Ancients in Zone 1, replace them with legends ._.

Ancients are too strong o-o I like it. But not when I have to get past something ;-; Zone 1 should be the "trial" zone. Get past zone 1 and then crank up the difficulty.
Zone 1 should maybe have just a zenith or two around there, and nothing stronger. I agree that it should be easier in that zone, if only to get trainers acquainted with the game. Mostly, though, I want to see the wild monsters not be boosted. It's disheartening. Good concept, bad implementation.

I'm not really suggesting that levels should go beyond 100, but more that monsters should level up faster; since we have so many monsters in the game, making them extremely difficult to train is bothersome. (Instead of 100 exp to get to level 10, maybe 50 exp. Instead of 600,000 to get to level 50, perhaps 300,000. This would encourage collectors a bit more. c: ) And it'd make PvP more viable, in that regard. If it took one day to train a monster from level 10 to level 100, more people would be able to PvP and that puts emphasis on that aspect. Make sense?
i also agree with this
(2012-12-24, 01:09 AM)Henrie Wrote: Zone 1 should maybe have just a zenith or two around there, and nothing stronger. I agree that it should be easier in that zone, if only to get trainers acquainted with the game. Mostly, though, I want to see the wild monsters not be boosted. It's disheartening. Good concept, bad implementation.

I'm not really suggesting that levels should go beyond 100, but more that monsters should level up faster; since we have so many monsters in the game, making them extremely difficult to train is bothersome. (Instead of 100 exp to get to level 10, maybe 50 exp. Instead of 600,000 to get to level 50, perhaps 300,000. This would encourage collectors a bit more. c: ) And it'd make PvP more viable, in that regard. If it took one day to train a monster from level 10 to level 100, more people would be able to PvP and that puts emphasis on that aspect. Make sense?
what i don't understand most,is why the legend/zenith/ancients is like 5-10 levels higher then the rest ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
i agree with you henrie, wild monsters shouldn't have stat bonus..
I agree with Henrie, npc-s are just really strong and hard to defeat, also not sure if you guys saw it but, if you fight npc-s monstres (acients for example) like 3 times, every time there abilities will be different. They are really hard to defeat and also this... it's just not making sense

(2012-12-24, 02:17 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 01:09 AM)Henrie Wrote: Zone 1 should maybe have just a zenith or two around there, and nothing stronger. I agree that it should be easier in that zone, if only to get trainers acquainted with the game. Mostly, though, I want to see the wild monsters not be boosted. It's disheartening. Good concept, bad implementation.

what i don't understand most,is why the legend/zenith/ancients is like 5-10 levels higher then the rest ?
you know what I also don't understand, why first zone gym leader has mosnters on such high lv (35, 37, 38, 39, 39, 40)
[Image: 30.png] Captain of KARNAGE (PTD)
+1 Reputation, if it were still here...
CeFurkan has GOT to see this... I've quit the test sever because of this... over buffed enemies Sad
Constantly dying yet never dead
i started alone too from lvl 10 starter but beaten all gyms .

it needs strategy not power to beat npc s but it is also true that wild monster or ancient got very high boost so i agree with henrie 100%
Wasn't the test server to test, not to to go the mc after every battle
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
It should be possible to make it to the next town without having to be sent back to the monster center 50 times first....
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
Now i am totally planning loots from monsters
Even i have further plans. Such as upgradeable items loot from monsters.
Like in KnightOnline

But this difficulty issue. I have doubts about it. You are able to use many items at the battle. And that makes your job really easy.
Also game need some difficulty for long term playing. If you get all levels and pass all locations in a day, why would you play ?
(2012-12-24, 12:51 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Now i am totally planning loots from monsters
Like in KnightOnline

But this difficulty issue. I have doubts about it. You are able to use many items at the battle. And that makes your job really easy.
Also game need some difficulty for long term playing. If you get all levels and pass all locations in a day, why would you play ?
Making the game a challenge is good but, making it a super challenge is bad.

The 1st zone shouldn't be a big challenge to where it keeps us stuck there. It should be a trial zone, just to get us started. I'm not saying that it should be totally easy, keep a small challenge in it but it needs to made a little easier.

Once you get past zone 1, you're in the game and that's when challenges should start.
(2012-12-24, 02:37 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 12:51 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Now i am totally planning loots from monsters
Like in KnightOnline

The 1st zone shouldn't be a big challenge to where it keeps us stuck there. It should be a trial zone, just to get us started. I'm not saying that it should be totally easy, keep a small challenge in it but it needs to made a little easier.

Once you get past zone 1, you're in the game and that's when challenges should start.
hmm. well i can tune zone 1 even more. like no legendaries and ancients at the npc trainers.
(2012-12-24, 02:40 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

Like in KnightOnline

hmm. well i can tune zone 1 even more. like no legendaries and ancients at the npc trainers.
That's good, keep the zeniths.

I'm just saying this because as an experienced player and starting out as a newbie for this, I know what it's like to get stuck when you can't beat something. I wanted to quit a lot.

We want more players, we can't make them quit Smile
(2012-12-24, 02:43 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 02:40 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

Like in KnightOnline

That's good, keep the zeniths.

I'm just saying this because as an experienced player and starting out as a newbie for this, I know what it's like to get stuck when you can't beat something. I wanted to quit a lot.

We want more players, we can't make them quit Smile
alright i will tune it now Smile

no legendaries and ancients at zone 1 trainers
i will remove them from appearing monsters too Big Grin
yeah i agree with u henrie and like the idea cf is saying now cause its too hard to beat them i get kicked lol
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Awesome, thank you.
I agree with everything everyone is saying. YES, some monsters are far too strong. I've never run into an Ancient on the latest test, but with the stat boosts, they would automatically wipe the floor with me. YES, increasing the difficulty gives a challenge for experienced players. NO, overpowered monsters in Zone 1 will not encourage new players. I love the new maps, monsters, and NPCs, but I worry for potential newbies that could be turned away the instant they meet their first wild emissary.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
Are we seriously going to leave the stat boosts in tact as they are? It's a frustrating thing to be trapped by an NPC on accident just outside of a monster center and have to walk all that way back just because his over-powered emissaries destroyed me.

Experienced players might want a challenge like that, but it should be optional. Create an item for it.

"Challenge Stone": When one of your monsters is holding this item, enemies are stronger but they drop more money and experience.

Eh? It gives the challenge to the experienced players who want it, and frees the more casual players to still play the game. I just cannot get through the game as it is. I'm limited to only using Zenith, Legendary, and if I'm really lucky, Ancient monsters to win. It was more enjoyable before when I could take a relatively weak team of Regulars and actually win wild battles.
(2012-12-25, 01:48 AM)Henrie Wrote: Are we seriously going to leave the stat boosts in tact as they are? It's a frustrating thing to be trapped by an NPC on accident just outside of a monster center and have to walk all that way back just because his over-powered emissaries destroyed me.

Experienced players might want a challenge like that, but it should be optional. Create an item for it.

"Challenge Stone": When one of your monsters is holding this item, enemies are stronger but they drop more money and experience.

Eh? It gives the challenge to the experienced players who want it, and frees the more casual players to still play the game. I just cannot get through the game as it is. I'm limited to only using Zenith, Legendary, and if I'm really lucky, Ancient monsters to win. It was more enjoyable before when I could take a relatively weak team of Regulars and actually win wild battles.
npcs won't block paths don't worry Smile also removed legendaries and ancients from zone 1
(2012-12-25, 02:13 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: npcs won't block paths don't worry Smile also removed legendaries and ancients from zone 1
That's one problem down, but wild monsters are still too strong. Regulars are useless. Superiors barely survive 1 attack (if you're lucky) and even Emissaries feel more like speed bumps than fighting monsters. Worse, after using all of my revives and other healing items, I catch an emissary monster thinking "Oh boy. He's so strong. He'll work well on my team." And suddenly, he's weak as well. Because he's not a wild mosnter anymore. He doesn't get a stat boost. Wild Emissary monsters destroy him.

Any time an emissary monster shows up, I battle it (It might be a good catch, right?) But it one-shots all of my monsters. My Superior-Emissary monsters. I cannot run from it. I cannot defeat it some times. Either way, every time an Emissary shows up, I have to go back to the Monster Center to heal. About every 7 monster appearances.

On average, between towns, I run into 28 monsters, if I avoid the grass as much as possible.

If I'm lucky, I make it. I usually don't. Worse, I'm out of money, because I spent it all on Revives.

Wild monsters are way too strong - that is the biggest problem - it is not fun.
(2012-12-25, 02:28 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-V...1-1-0-TEST

._.
I hadn't had a chance to comment when this was posted. My internet has been difficult lately, and my opportunities to test things and keep in touch with updates has been poor at best. But that is a handy link. Thank you.

I like that monster boxes were given a failure rate. I don't mind stat boosts, when they make sense. But it makes no sense that you should have to fight monsters with a boost for the same amount of exp; catch them; then suddenly the monster is weak again? Besides that, monsters are already separated by their stats. Regulars are already inferior without this added slap in the face. Superiors are laughable on the real server as it is. We don't need this extra challenge.

Take away the 2000% exp/money bonus and start the test server over. I want to see people stick it out and tell me this isn't a problem.