Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dei's Gimp Drawing Life
This thread will serve as a journal kind of thing, for my growing in Gimp drawing :o I wanna learn Sugimori style and then improve into my own style. As I know nothing involving drawing with Gimp, everything is bad. The only knowledge I have is when I draw on pencil and paper, you all know my drawing on that ;D

It's time to get digitized.. Was that used in Digimon? Seriously.. I hope not ;-; I just thought of it. ;-; . . .

I'm learning from Henrie-sama :O Even though I know nothing at all. N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

First Day - Knowing absolutely nothing.
[Image: CrocorRocker_zps0683c57a.png]
You should ask Henrie-sama if she can teach me, too. I'm far too shy to ask...
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

she can only teach 2 at a time till tut 0,0 *tis teachin me also*
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2012-12-28, 01:04 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: she can only teach 2 at a time till tut 0,0 *tis teachin me also*
NOES
At least I need some tips.
LIKE A BOSS

Pffft idk what to do now.
(2012-12-28, 03:09 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Pffft idk what to do now.
Color.
LIKE A BOSS

Pfft, guys. I can handle more than two people. XD Ya'll are so silly. These two guys are already badgering me via PM. Feel free to join in. XD

Hawk, I do believe you already have my comments on this guy. c: It's a great start as far as structure goes. You understand 3-dimentional images very well. We'll work on your line art knowledge and then work our way up to color and stuff. Big Grin
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2012-12-28, 03:14 AM)Henrie Wrote: Pfft, guys. I can handle more than two people. XD Ya'll are so silly. These two guys are already badgering me via PM. Feel free to join in. XD

Hawk, I do believe you already have my comments on this guy. c: It's a great start as far as structure goes. You understand 3-dimentional images very well. We'll work on your line art knowledge and then work our way up to color and stuff. Big Grin
C: t'was just kiddin henrie
Line art *_* cool!

I know a little bit about shading as well. Tongue But that's later.
(2012-12-28, 03:14 AM)Henrie Wrote: Pfft, guys. I can handle more than two people. XD Ya'll are so silly. These two guys are already badgering me via PM. Feel free to join in. XD

Yess! Yeah, dei, you have a good 3-d understanding. I hae this epic 3-d dragon that looks ugly when I trace it onna tablet. i can't do smooth motions, so it's lumpy.
LIKE A BOSS

i also want to be taught by henrie :<
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
I have Gimp 2.8 btw Smile
(2012-12-28, 03:16 AM)ShockZekrom Wrote: I hae this epic 3-d dragon that looks ugly when I trace it onna tablet. i can't do smooth motions, so it's lumpy.
Pretend it's made of tapioca? Big Grin *totally not helping* The shakiness goes away with practice. I didn't have smooth lines when I started, either. Long, smooth, curved lines -still- give me issues.

Yyyup, lineart. Actually, zack posted a bird just now that demonstrated what I wanna tell you. Tongue
(zach' drawing. Tongue )
[Image: 25sl9ba.jpg]

See how he used varying line widths? Things that are closer to you appear bolder than things away from you. And smaller details, like the patch of color for the eye are drawn in thinner lines. (So for you, that'd be quicker strokes. c: ) Although I really want to inform you both of the Image > Autocrop Image option. It cuts all the white space around the line art completely out, so... there aren't strange gaps in places. *chuckle*
(2012-12-28, 03:30 AM)Henrie Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 03:16 AM)ShockZekrom Wrote: I hae this epic 3-d dragon that looks ugly when I trace it onna tablet. i can't do smooth motions, so it's lumpy.
Pretend it's made of tapioca? Big Grin *totally not helping* The shakiness goes away with practice. I didn't have smooth lines when I started, either. Long, smooth, curved lines -still- give me issues.

Yyyup, lineart. Actually, zack posted a bird just now that demonstrated what I wanna tell you. Tongue
(zach' drawing. Tongue )

See how he used varying line widths? Things that are closer to you appear bolder than things away from you. And smaller details, like the patch of color for the eye are drawn in thinner lines. (So for you, that'd be quicker strokes. c: ) Although I really want to inform you both of the Image > Autocrop Image option. It cuts all the white space around the line art completely out, so... there aren't strange gaps in places. *chuckle*
That's my Cardinote, he showed me, and it's beautiful. I guess I can look at my own image for a reference.
LIKE A BOSS

(2012-12-28, 03:30 AM)Henrie Wrote:

(zach' drawing. Tongue )

?? don't understand what you mean
In the menu bar, go to the "Image" dropdown menu, then down to "Autocrop Image". Do this to your final image before sharing it on the internet, because it takes your image from a picture with lots of white space around it to
[Image: 71628839.png]

See how much better that fits on the page?
Henrie, any tips on how to get refined lines with the tablet? Brush types... ANYTHING?
My lines vary sizes as I draw, my hand shakes like an insane epileptic dog...
Constantly dying yet never dead
;-; i use sai,i had no clue how to do that
(2012-12-28, 03:48 AM)Rock127 Wrote: Henrie, any tips on how to get refined lines with the tablet? Brush types... ANYTHING?
My lines vary sizes as I draw, my hand shakes like an insane epileptic dog...
I've been asking that, too.
LIKE A BOSS

Very nice O:
I didn't do the same pose or much of any pose lol. I need to make the size bigger because I randomly started drawing big >.<

This is another crocodile, except he's part metal.

[Image: Metallicroc_zps1e523380.png]

[Image: DarkCroc_zps5da792b9.png]
dei,Tablet,now ! you are flippen amazing O:
Tablet = lot of money >.>

I have less than $40 o-o
O; go cut some grass
Love the metal dragon
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
IT'S A CROCODILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-;
It looks like a dragon ;-;
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
lmao,because crocodile have long snouts ?
[Image: crocodile.jpg]
dei,your pretty good with art,etc.,mind if i pm ya my pirahna ? i shaded it and need to know if its right