Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defining Types to Fix Moves.
Exclamation 
Hey all!

Before we start I wanted to say thank you so much. It's because of your support and opinions that we got some important changes implemented in the last update!  We are truly grateful that you took the time to help us out! Big Grin

Now for the task at hand. Moves and typing....It's no secret that some types *cough*DRAGON*cough* are better than other types *cough*GRASS*cough* and special move-pools are by far and away stronger than physical move-pools. This has led to our game to have a very limited number of "Usable Monsters" effectively making some specifically typed or Physically inclined monsters Unusable (see Grass, Normal, Psychic, Water, Electric, Bug fire...etc)

It is our hope that we can fix these issues and make the game better and more balanced by addressing them in this thread. Simply put, we need to make the different typings unique in regards to what the types moves look like and we need to make sure that we balance the game giving other types and Physical monsters a chance to be viable. As we move forward disscussing changes we will use the phrase "LOGIC and BALANCE". 

Also, it should be noted that we are KEEPING ALL WORKING moves and replacing the moves that don't work with things that EVERY type needs like healing or big BP/HP% moves, Prio...etc.

Lets jump into it...

"LOGIC"

We will describe what the different typings should look like, what their current "good' moves are and what constant "theme" a particular type's moves should look like. 

[Image: Bug.png] BUG - Bug is a tricky type because it doesn't really do anything "great" in the game. Its best moves are one Physical HP% move and Evasion increasing moves. Evasion I can see, I mean, have you ever tried to kill a fly? lol you have to sneak up on it to even have a chance. But what else should a bug type specialize in? I don't think bugs should have HUGE BP moves, but I could see moves that increase stats (like the aforementioned Evasion Stat) when they hit. I could also see bus types relying heavily on confusion and poisoning so those could be added to moves as secondary effects. As for healing,  when I think of a bug I think of exoskeletons so heavy defense/sp def but not HUGE healing. IMO it's best healing move should be something like 25% max HP and +1/2 to def and/or Evasion/Sp def.
TLDR Summary: +Evasion, Mid Tier BP moves, Confusion and Poison secondary effects, lots of Stat Stacking

[Image: Dark.png] DARK - Dark...This is an evil typing. When I think of dark types I think of dirty fighters. I think of cheap shots, brass knuckles and biting lol So how does that translate to Dark type moves? I think Dark Types should have a ton of priority. Now we need to make sure that the BP doesn't exceed the UMP BP max of 134 or so, but keeping bp's under 130 and maybe adding priority to some of the status'? I also don't see a lot of stat increasing for dark types unless it is negative priority (to balance out the +priority on other moves) but I can see a lot of stat decreasing towards the enemy monster. I'm down lol As for healing I think it should be pretty standard. I could see adding some bleed or random inflict status' to healing, but not a ton of stat buffing. Also, high chances for cringe status. Doesn't get any cheaper than that lolol 
TLDR Summary: Mid Tier BP moves, High Priority damage and Status moves(anything over +1 needs to be less than 70 bp), High change for Cringe and a moderate chance for Bleeding, lots of stat decreasing moves

[Image: Dragon.png] DRAGON - Dragons work. They are HUGE BP, BIG damage types, with a TON of stat boosting. Dragons don't care about evasion as they would rather charge straight at an opponent. Dragons are all about intimidation and their moves prove it. Their main status' are bleeding with a minor in cringe. This is an example of a typing that works logically. All we need to do here is make sure we get rid of the useless moves that plague move pools.
TLDR Summary: Top Tier HP% damage and Highest BP moves, big stat increasing moves, very little evasion, HIGH bleeding chance and moderate cringe chance

[Image: Electric.png] ELECTRIC - Speed, Paralysis and Crits lol This is one of the easiest typings I can define. This needs a lot of speed buffs and a lot of high crit chances. Paralysis and burn are the status' that come to mind for it. Healing paired with Status' would be nice. Electro regen and shocking regen are already a thing so I don't see it needing a lot of help in that area. HIGH BP with little to no HP% moves. Crits on Crits on Crits. 
TLDR Summary: Highest crit chances, Biggest Speed Boosts little other boosts, high paralysis/moderate burn, little to no hp% moves, Top Tier BP moves

[Image: Fighting.png] FIGHTING - Fighting...when I think fighting I think training and working out. So HUGE Attack and Sp Attack boosts should be key here. Status' should be Confusion (like getting your bell rung) and cringe because Obviously. Mid Tier BP moves and Moderate HP% moves needed. Decent amount of Priority. Healing should be max 20-25% MAX HEALTH +def AND +spdef boosts. 
TLDR Summary: Biggest Atk and SpAtk buffs, Mid Tier BP, Moderate HP% moves, decent priority, 20-25% MAX HEALTH with +def AND +spdef boosts added

[Image: Fire.png] FIRE - Getting the obvious out of the way there should be a ton of burn status' here lol I'll also give it sleep (because smoke inhalation...yeah Smile) As for the BP it's fire so we need top Tier BP moves and moderate 35-45% HP% extra damage. I don't see Crit being a thing with fire. Healing...idk I'm drawing a blank. I don't think of healing when I think of Fire lol I only think of destruction. I could see maybe 20-25% heal with a high burn chance at most. Very little pio but if it does get prio I'd like to see a big BP with it 150-170.
TLDR Summary: Top Tier BP, Moderate 35-45% HP% extra damage, zero crit, 20-25% max healing w/ burns, very little Prios but at least 1 physical prio with 150-170 bp 

[Image: Flying.png] FLYING - Birds obviously come to mind. I think evasion, I think healing (phoenix) I also think high damage, but I think low BP (hollow bones and all makes them too light to hit really hard) so to offset I could see very good extra damage maybe 45-52% extra damage moves. Healing needs to be at least 42% maybe better, confusion should be utilized, bleeding I think make sense. 
TLDR Summary: Low BP high extra HP% damage, High healing, good evasion and stat debuff. 

[Image: Ghost.png] GHOST - Well, first thing you think when you hear "Ghost!" is ... aaaaaw shucks. So some Paralyzing and Cringing gotta be in there. Then there's the thing that those are Spectral forms, often described as being no physical manifestation, so i'd throw some evasion in there. Ontop they're "cold presences" so some Freeze wouldn't be too wrong either. Confusion to get the possession theme covered, and some bleed + recovers x% of dmg dealt moves, they are said to drain life force aswell. And i'd throw some debuffing in there too, not too big, just some. 

[Image: Grass.png] GRASS - Now, Mother Nature, nuffsaid. The one thing always regaining, will be our beautiful earth. Therefore i wanna see MASSIVE healing. i want to see it buffing up on cloudless weather, Paralyzing and Poisoning for sure, not everything's eatable, a lesson we learn very early on!
When i think about Grass, i for some reason  also see gigantic monsters. So no reall prio, but decent BP moves, with some neat side effects, e.g. above stated poisoning or paralyzing.
Now, we need some HP%, but those shouldn't be too much on the % part, but all the better on the BP part.

[Image: Ground.png] GROUND - Ground is devastation at it's best. Earthquakes, landslides etc. So massive BP, Cringe. throw some versatile buffing in there, not too much in the status department tho, but on the speed debuff area. Now, healing should be there, but also not really high, give it minor healing, and decent HP% on high BP moves.

[Image: Ice.png] ICE - Now... when i see Ice, i see fragility, but power. Everything no matter how stable, will shatter easily once frozen. Then there's the thing, that massive ice can be a solid stall aswell. Therefore, i'd say def / sp.def debuffing, with some solid healing ( ice just requires water to freeze to be like new) , and some evasion and little def / sp.def buffing, slippery when wet but a pain when frozen.
On top, i see of course, freezing status, but also some bleeding and Burn, afterall we got frostburns. That leaves me with the HP%.
The BP shouldn't be mediocre, but the HP% high to suit the blizzard freezing huge areas solid.
Prio should play a decent role aswell, afterall wheather can shift rather aprubtly.

[Image: Light.png] LIGHT - Light is a difficult thing for me. For one i think about the Sun, heat, radation. On the other part i think about enabling live, spending warmth and of course, the Hero theme. Sooo
to try to keep it short, i'd see it as a jack of all trades of course with being master in none.
simply a range from everyting Big Grin 
(we might wanna seperate it more clearly, afterall, we got the poison typing aswell)

[Image: Normal.png] NORMAL - Well, i think Normal fits the overall starting theme, not too great, but capable of everything.
Give it Prio moves with not too much BP, give it concrete healing, give it high BP moves with either -prio or low accu.
etc.
oooor.
give it solid option on the offensive front, with but little to none options on the side effects of moves. Afterall, Normal is well... normal, simplicity.
buffing just as debuffing in the form of status moves.

[Image: Poison.png] POISON - Now... me being an ex- chemist I've got a different take on it. I see chemical burns, i see corroding, i see poisoning-
BUT, i also see neurotxins etc. natural things.
So i feel like debuffing along with hgih statusing should be the main focus, give it solid BP, and chances to debuff or status on almost everything, some healing since most antiserums are gained via toxins etc. so Stat reset, status cure along with some healing %.

[Image: Psychic.png] PSYCHIC - Now... Psychic is difficult. I see it similiar to Fighting, but on a more or less non Physical area. So, i'd say Sp.atk and sp.def buffs, alot of buffs, alot of debuffs.
Side effects (hello doc Freud) Cringing, Confusion.
the BP should be hugh and mediocre aswell.
The huge ones with little side effects, whereas the mediocre BP moves should have solid HP% or sweet buffing / debuffing and "breaking" effects (cringe and confusion)
Healing should be good aswell, the power of the mind can overcome everything Big Grin

[Image: Rock.png] ROCK - Well.. Rock = Canyons and Mountains to me.
Massive structures.
So massive BP, little to no prio, decent buffing.
Add some bleed in there. i don't see it being too great on the healing part either...
well.. i guess that's it for rock.. can't think of too much more :/

[Image: Steel.png] STEEL - Now, steel is super solid. I don't just think about plate armor or Steel rods carrying our buildings, no. I also think about swords and tools executing our will.
So, steel should be huuuge on the def and atk buffing, some critics, some bleeding, and even some poisoning (ever got cut by a rusty something ?) 
apart from that, little healing, super solid BP moves.
HP% should be decent aswell.

[Image: Water.png] WATER - Water, the ocean, rain etc. Water should be both insane on the healing (rain heals our dried out fields, the "blessed" water, youth fountains etc. etc. etc.)
and on the BP,
Monster Waves, geysirs, Tsunamis, high pressure shot water.
then there's the thing that water steam is like super hot.
So some burning, some poisoning, and i'd say even some freezing should be in there.
Prio should be there, but not be the main focus.

"BALANCE"

What are some moves every type should have and how should the "logic" change those moves depending on their typing and/or if they are special or physical? 

Big Healing
HP %
Unique Power Moves
1 HP moves
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knost's post:
  • CeFurkan
bug types could also use blood sucking
My first ancient
[Image: daa154e0-1b59-4c7d-ae84-372078000ab3.png]
Al haber gatos no hay ratones
¬_¬
(2016-11-06, 04:56 AM)tons_o_snot Wrote: bug types could also use blood sucking

Ok, so some bleed damage for Bug type Smile just a small amount right?
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Alrighty, here my continuation, trying to keep the same style as OP.

[Image: Ghost.png] GHOST : Well, first thing you think when you hear "Ghost!" is ... aaaaaw shucks. So some Paralyzing and Cringing gotta be in there. Then there's the thing that those are Spectral forms, often described as being no physical manifestation, so i'd throw some evasion in there. Ontop they're "cold presences" so some Freeze wouldn't be too wrong either. Confusion to get the possession theme covered, and some bleed + recovers x% of dmg dealt moves, they are said to drain life force aswell. And i'd throw some debuffing in there too, not too big, just some. 

[Image: Grass.png] GRASS : Now, Mother Nature, nuffsaid. The one thing always regaining, will be our beautiful earth. Therefore i wanna see MASSIVE healing. i want to see it buffing up on cloudless weather, Paralyzing and Poisoning for sure, not everything's eatable, a lesson we learn very early on!
When i think about Grass, i for some reason  also see gigantic monsters. So no reall prio, but decent BP moves, with some neat side effects, e.g. above stated poisoning or paralyzing.
Now, we need some HP%, but those shouldn't be too much on the % part, but all the better on the BP part.

[Image: Ground.png] GROUND : Ground is devastation at it's best. Earthquakes, landslides etc. So massive BP, Cringe. throw some versatile buffing in there, not too much in the status department tho, but on the speed debuff area. Now, healing should be there, but also not really high, give it minor healing, and decent HP% on high BP moves.

[Image: Ice.png] ICE : Now... when i see Ice, i see fragility, but power. Everything no matter how stable, will shatter easily once frozen. Then there's the thing, that massive ice can be a solid stall aswell. Therefore, i'd say def / sp.def debuffing, with some solid healing ( ice just requires water to freeze to be like new) , and some evasion and little def / sp.def buffing, slippery when wet but a pain when frozen.
On top, i see of course, freezing status, but also some bleeding and Burn, afterall we got frostburns. That leaves me with the HP%.
The BP shouldn't be mediocre, but the HP% high to suit the blizzard freezing huge areas solid.
Prio should play a decent role aswell, afterall wheather can shift rather aprubtly.

[Image: Light.png] LIGHT : Light is a difficult thing for me. For one i think about the Sun, heat, radation. On the other part i think about enabling live, spending warmth and of course, the Hero theme. Sooo
to try to keep it short, i'd see it as a jack of all trades of course with being master in none.
simply a range from everyting Big Grin 
(we might wanna seperate it more clearly, afterall, we got the poison typing aswell)

[Image: Normal.png] NORMAL : Well, i think Normal fits the overall starting theme, not too great, but capable of everything.
Give it Prio moves with not too much BP, give it concrete healing, give it high BP moves with either -prio or low accu.
etc.
oooor.
give it solid option on the offensive front, with but little to none options on the side effects of moves. Afterall, Normal is well... normal, simplicity.
buffing just as debuffing in the form of status moves.

[Image: Poison.png] POISON : Now... me being an ex- chemistrist i got a different take on it. I see chemical burns, i see corroding, i see poisoning-
BUT, i also see neurotxins etc. natural things.
So i feel like debuffing along with hgih statusing should be the main focus, give it solid BP, and chances to debuff or status on almost everything, some healing since most antiserums are gained via toxins etc. so Stat reset, status cure along with some healing %.

[Image: Psychic.png] PSYCHIC : Now... Psychic is difficult. I see it similiar to Fighting, but on a more or less non Physical area. So, i'd say Sp.atk and sp.def buffs, alot of buffs, alot of debuffs.
Side effects (hello doc Freud) Cringing, Confusion.
the BP should be hugh and mediocre aswell.
The huge ones with little side effects, whereas the mediocre BP moves should have solid HP% or sweet buffing / debuffing and "breaking" effects (cringe and confusion)
Healing should be good aswell, the power of the mind can overcome everything Big Grin

[Image: Rock.png] ROCK : Well.. Rock = Canyons and Mountains to me.
Massive structures.
So massive BP, little to no prio, decent buffing.
Add some bleed in there. i don't see it being too great on the healing part either...
well.. i guess that's it for rock.. can't think of too much more :/

[Image: Steel.png] STEEL : Now, steel is super solid. I don't just think about plate armor or Steel rods carrying our buildings, no. I also think about swords and tools executing our will.
So, steel should be huuuge on the def and atk buffing, some critics, some bleeding, and even some poisoning (ever got cut by a rusty something ?) 
apart from that, little healing, super solid BP moves.
HP% should be decent aswell.
[Image: Water.png] WATER : Water, the ocean, rain etc. Water should be both insane on the healing (rain heals our dried out fields, the "blessed" water, youth fountains etc. etc. etc.)
and on the BP,
Monster Waves, geysirs, Tsunamis, high pressure shot water.
then there's the thing that water steam is like super hot.
So some burning, some poisoning, and i'd say even some freezing should be in there.
Prio should be there, but not be the main focus.

Alrighty, hope that helps Big Grin
Let's just go and see the world and just show them
What it really means to live life golden.

The Rekfast Club
Adding all that lol Lets the discussion start!

TAKE NOTE!!

We are KEEPING ALL WORKING MOVES and replacing the moves that don't work with things that EVERY type needs like healing or big BP/HP% moves, Prio...etc.
yes we really need to improve our moves totally 

but seems like this project is inactive for a while now?
(2017-02-08, 04:42 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: yes we really need to improve our moves totally 

but seems like this project is inactive for a while now?

Yea, the thing is, we can work on it when life gives us spare time, BUT...
We shouldn't decide alone, we need community to post opinions and thoughts, at least to some degree.
Let's just go and see the world and just show them
What it really means to live life golden.

The Rekfast Club
bump for more ideas and comments