Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Class System Suggestion - AriaSings
@Dei - Then that wouldn't have changed anything..
Constantly dying yet never dead
This is just an idea but how about instead of erasing the classes or up-ing the stats of reg. and sup. monsters, changing the abilities of monsters? I think putting weak monsters with great ability combinations (like 3x shield master or observer,slow tough and strong or even evasion and accuracy master and accelerator) would greatly improve their use without making them super strong (since their stats suck).
Plus this would give the impression to beginners that the reg. monsters they catch at first would be really strong when evolved.
After some thought. Emissary tier monsters can beat Legendary Tier monsters. If that is so, I think maybe Superior tier could be Emissary tier. If that is true, then its safe to assume Superior can beat Legendary. What can regular monsters beat? hmmm good question.

The point being I am seeing a HUGE flaw in all these arguements. Where are the numbers, the data, the testing that proves that regular and superiors are not PvP viable. Some of us have proved that emissary can beat legendary. I personally took a wild caught emissary team of 3 and beat a full uv legend team of 3. I know its possible.

So instead of argueing, lets get dirty and get some raw data!!!!!!

Also, people don't even bother looking at regular and superior because they lower ranks at this point in time in the game. I am still scratching my head that CF thinks they will help with monster count though. Only time will tell.

SHOW ME THE DATA!!!!!
Snoozn... you're too logical...live simple. Looking for data and stuff takes too long. Let's just say that everything should remain the same.
Quote:This is just an idea but how about instead of erasing the classes or up-ing the stats of reg. and sup. monsters, changing the abilities of monsters? I think putting weak monsters with great ability combinations (like 3x shield master or observer,slow tough and strong or even evasion and accuracy master and accelerator) would greatly improve their use without making them super strong (since their stats suck).
Plus this would give the impression to beginners that the reg. monsters they catch at first would be really strong when evolved.
Abilities are random right now..everything will be changed soon. Why doesn't anybody know that!?
I actually read that but was not sure if it was true, I was hoping somebody would confirm it. Tks Rain
Do u know when they will be changed?

PS nobody knows that cause is not an IMPORTANT TREAD in the in-game sugestions part of the forum
actually I agree with Snoozn. If people are going to argue about theoretical situations, let's make them reality, put them through some tests and see what arguments stand true. Can emissaries beat legendaries? Yes! It has been proven, can regulars and superiors beat emissaries? Well to be honest I don't know because there are very little people who use superiors and regulars. Most of the best pvp'ers use legendaries, zeniths, and emissaries. I think it's about time we start trying to see if superiors and regulars can beat legendaries. Do I believe they can? Nope, but I'd rather prove myself wrong trying than to assume I am right sitting down
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
(2011-12-16, 11:01 AM)Snoozn Wrote: After some thought. Emissary tier monsters can beat Legendary Tier monsters. If that is so, I think maybe Superior tier could be Emissary tier. If that is true, then its safe to assume Superior can beat Legendary. What can regular monsters beat? hmmm good question.

The point being I am seeing a HUGE flaw in all these arguements. Where are the numbers, the data, the testing that proves that regular and superiors are not PvP viable. Some of us have proved that emissary can beat legendary. I personally took a wild caught emissary team of 3 and beat a full uv legend team of 3. I know its possible.

So instead of argueing, lets get dirty and get some raw data!!!!!!

Also, people don't even bother looking at regular and superior because they lower ranks at this point in time in the game. I am still scratching my head that CF thinks they will help with monster count though. Only time will tell.

SHOW ME THE DATA!!!!!

THANK YOU SNOOZN!!
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I really don't get what Snoozn said.
To be honest, I'm not sure if a Regular can even beat anything. I've tried before. Level 100 Pianorgan gets crushed by Croconduct, and all those Superiors in Crow Woods. And he gets crushed more by the cats in Suburbia. I don't know if Regulars can do anything....
What I am is saying is this. Don't complain about how the game works if you haven't tested what it is you are saying. You should have data and numbers that back up claims.
I haven't seen a Superior beat a Emissary, or far than that, a legendary. The only ones that can beat Emissary in my opininion is the ones that have a total base stat over 470.
Yes. So Superiors and Regulars are..well, ignored.
Im still agreeing with snoozn.Before we implement this,lets go brawling with reg/sup. class monsters and screenie the results. we can make a thread for it somewhere to compare how diff classes actually do.
anyways to stop all this confusion i will host a tourney for both classes soon
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
alright pein.how does that stop people from comparing it here tho?
becuz people will train alot to win the rewards I will give but will put on alt accounts to keep good ranks

Credits to SparrowHawk
again,that doesnt stop them from comparing the classes here whatsoever.
i know it doesnt nothing will CeFurkan has already disagreed it will be very difficult to make him change his mind

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2011-12-19, 02:36 PM)Pein Wrote: anyways to stop all this confusion i will host a tourney for both classes soon
then why say this?
and i know what cefurkan said, but we have raised the issue and must now resolve it.
well then we must first have the competitive metagame implemented for this to work as aria wants it

EDIT: What better to make people use these classes than a tourney with amazing rewards

Credits to SparrowHawk
i agree on the second part,but people will then go use them for just that tourney and nothing else.
it is not their fault people really could care less about base stats its only the exp that matters so if all monsters below emissary exp are increased to 7m like emissaries but leaving them with same base stats and classes people will use them

Credits to SparrowHawk
that could work.
Nope , even if you somehow manage to take away the ''classes'' what does it affect pvp in any ways? fakemon will still have the same stats and the people will still use the same fakemon.

Pokemon don't have classes , but people still use the same old thing over and over again . If you want a project that can make underrated pokemons to be used there can be 2 way which nintendo did and smogon did.

firstly , what smogon did was to introduced tier where pokemon is classified into 5 tiers and only certain pokemon could be used . underrated pokemon can be seen more in the lower tiers

Secondly , what nintendo did was to introduce the evolite which gives pokemon which is not at their last evolution 1.5x in Spdef and def. maybe cefurkan can make a item that gives the monster 2 stages of def or sp def
With a first evo lvl 100 superior, Tapsy, I beat a lvl 100 Tsundile and a lvl 100 Spiralaxy. It isn't a sure thing but it can happen.

So yea... what about a superior that can't beat a legend?
Its true his Tapsy is a beast.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Smogon split Pokemon into these tiers to show how they compete.
Uber (Banned from all the tiers, Mostly Legendaries)
OU (Overused)
BL (Borderline, The best of UU)
UU (Underused)
BL2 (Borderline 2, The best of RU)
RU/LU (Rarely Used/Less Used)
NU (Never Used)
LC (Little Cup, First Stage Pokemon)
Limbo (Not decided yet)
NFE (Not Fully Evolved)

I was thinking you should do a 'Tier' Page with all the monster's tiers. Like smogon. With the Natures, Movesets, Hold Items, etc. You should test this first.
ugh.
read the forum people.lamb made a tiers list and didnt use smogons cause we cant view osme sort of stats.
abb7, we already have a section for that called "competitive strategies" and can be found under the board called "trainer tips"

so please check that first before posting stuff we most likely started around e.e
Le Bump~~~

Reason : Somethin to add

Not sure if this was said already but..

I would like it without classes for another reason because basically everyone is depending on legends/zeniths for that large sum of gold and exp.

I would like to battle any monster for exp.

The thing that is wrong with this is :

It's either the exp requirement to level up is too high.

Or

The exp that is given by wild monsters (that are under zeniths/legends) is too low.

im leaning toward bolded #2