• 1(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Accuracy and Evasion reliability issues in V2
The thread subject says it all people. The reliability of Accuracy and Evasion in v2 is just awful. 

When I get an enemy monster down to -5 acc it should, in my opinion, barely ever hit me. Problem is that in v2 if I get a monster down to 50% acc, raise my evasion up to 200% and it tries to hit my monster with a 80% accurate move, it will hit me 20 % of the time. That means that 1/5 times you try to switch in your glass cannon when your enemies accuracy is at its lowest and your evasion is at its highest, your monster will get hit and maybe KO'd despite all your setup work. 

Let's look at another common scenario. You get the enemy down to 50% acc and try to switch in. The enemy uses a 80 acc move because, "Why not? My acc didn't go down that much!" With this situation the monster switching in (with 100% evasion) would get hit 40% of the time. 40% of the time! That's insane! lol Why would you even chance it? Almost 50% of the time I'll get hit on the switch in so I just wont! (thus killing Glass cannons and your favorite trembling and hallucination monsters)

The point is that the current pvp evasion/acc system is broken. 

This kind of unreliability makes pvp hard to get into. A lot of us spend time trying to think of ways to mix up pvp, but with the game as is you're almost forced to battle with no switch in's and to battle straight up because you know that there's literally a 40% chance that your switch in will get hit even if you've killed the enemies acc and a 20% chance even if you've done everything in your power to make it any different which will only happen if you make it past getting your switch in in the first place!

I know in v1 the 400% accuracy/evasion was abused, but that was because of the poor move pools. The game has changed. We have a lot more monsters with stat resetting moves, we have more acc increasing/evasion decreasing moves and we have random abilities with increases the chance for acc effecting abilities exponentially.  

In my opinion the max accuracy and evasion percentages should change to 300%.

If you agree please respond in this thread saying so and I'll add you to the list of supporters. 

Supporters:
1. Knost
2. Capt. Obvious
3. Scarlet Raven
4. XxVietboxX
5. War
6. Uchiha Clan
7.TexasToast
8. Mlinka
9. Viperinaw
10. Alex330
11. Iremember
12. Cinnamon Spider
13. Snorlax
14. Aladdino
15. Purplepuddin
16. FalconX
17. Char02
18. Mdndt
19. Luxord322
20. Zachery Matthews
21. Aniki
22. River Song
23. Kai_Sr
24. CabinTom
25. Snorlax
26. Orboknown
27. UriTheLostLight
28. Prayudi
29. Blackout
30. Zero0Shift
31. Mr187
32. Quanto
33. Staff V.
34. Arlaxeon
35. CrobbyWobby
36. Kamenshi
37. Jammie
38. Redsky94
39. Snes
40. Leklad
41. Collector
42. Lake Beast
43. XspiritX
44. Nade Lord
45. ShadowWolf
46. Mister Emissary
47. Guider
48. Garez
49. K_K
50. Ramza_X

I'll now open the thread to comments and debate. 

Thanks,
Knost
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Complete support as mentioned in chat.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
I agree!
has 110% support from me
[Image: 149ay5s.png]
Monster Of The Hidden Mist
Thank you very much to those that have posted and will post. Smile
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
i suport knost becouse i was afraid of even start to pvp with u guys becose off thet rhingy
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
has 110% support from me is cause ive used a monster with +5evasion and did - 5 accu to enemy monster and my team somehow still managed to get swept by -5accu no accu weap no accu master sort of lame no miss hits or anything
i agree ...the system is DEFINITLY broken lol
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
I know its very annoying Mlinka! lol Thanks for the comment.
I just noticed with my Solord +5 evasion and other mon with cautious and it 1hit ko'd it.
Than imagine with -5 accuracy..
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.

I 100% agree knost
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
(2013-04-28, 07:49 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: I just noticed with my Solord +5 evasion and other mon with cautious and it 1hit ko'd it.
Than imagine with -5 accuracy..
Right w/ +5 evasion you think you would be pretty good to go lol

I mean lucky hits will happen even when the system is fixed, but it should be an anomaly, not the norm.

Thanks Cap.
actually i had a monster with cautious that had -5accu that took out a monster with 0 buffs on evasion but had evasion armor lol
that should never happen though which is why this thread was created Big Grin
(2013-04-28, 07:53 PM)XxVietBoixX Wrote: actually i had a monster with cautious that had -5accu that took out a monster with 0 buffs on evasion but had evasion armor lol
that should never happen though which is why this thread was created Big Grin
lol
Is there any 1k acc moves, with base power higher than 1?
Be Blinded By My Prowess
ALSDKFJASDLITUEONGDKSDFLKEJRNLSVDKJ YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I RARELY hit my opponents. I've been stuck on the Sky Dragon arena for several months because my monsters are KO'd before I can get in a hit. Sometimes I don't land an attack for 5+ turns. It's ridiculous. I'd actually LIKE to grind down the Arena Leader's monsters' 1000+ HP for once. >.>
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2013-04-28, 07:57 PM)uchiha clan Wrote: Is there any 1k acc moves, with base power higher than 1?
No, I don't believe so.
Man the  how can you hit with -5 acc
Be Blinded By My Prowess
You need status moves Texas lol

Once you get to the 16th arena normal attacks wont scratch it lol
(2013-04-28, 08:00 PM)uchiha clan Wrote: Man the  how can you hit with -5 acc
Thats the point man lol You shouldn't be able to. At least not consistently haha
idk man lol get a monster that can -5accu and + evasion for you 
ill show you with my drakell its given knost trouble and even beetall and alot others with this evasion and accu thing
cuz the computer chetes lol..
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
(2013-04-28, 08:03 PM)XxVietBoixX Wrote:
ill show you with my drakell its given knost trouble and even beetall and alot others with this evasion and accu thing
Yes its annoying lol

I'll get his Drakell down it -5 acc, my evasion up to +5 and it's hitting me 20% of the time. 

That's why its a problem.
(2013-04-28, 08:05 PM)Knost Wrote:
Yes its annoying lol

I'll get his Drakell down it -5 acc, my evasion up to +5 and it's hitting me 20% of the time. 

maybe even more then 20% of the time lol
There aren't 1k% acc moves anymore, like v1, but still there are moves where you can undo changes made..So just look those moves up

(2013-04-28, 08:05 PM)XxVietBoixX Wrote:
Yes its annoying lol

Well, it's not a for sure 1/5 times you'll hit. Being that it's a percentage you could hit 2-3 times in a row w/ a 20% chance....and you have lol
(2013-04-28, 08:06 PM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 08:05 PM)XxVietBoixX Wrote:
Yes its annoying lol

Well, it's not a for sure 1/5 times you'll hit. Being that it's a percentage you could hit 2-3 times in a row w/ a 20% chance....and you have lol
yes but it was funny on my end then it happened to me and im like >:{ so yes this needs to be fixed lol
(2013-04-28, 08:06 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: There aren't 1k% acc moves anymore, like v1, but still there are moves where you can undo changes made..So just look those moves up
Yeah, but evasion was abused in v1 because there was only 1 zentih - legendary monster that had a stat resetting move.

Also there was only one attack in v1 that had priority and could hit hard in the zentih - legendary tier.

Who can name that monster and that move? Smile
gampha! idk the move yet you only told me the name lol
Legendary power
Be Blinded By My Prowess
  • 1(current)