Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 FIFA World Cup
Didn't see a thread about this, so here we go!

How many of you guys have been following this year's FIFA World Cup? I actually don't usually follow soccer, but there appears to be a lot of hype this year, most probably due to the rising proliferation of social media members worldwide.

It appears that Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands, and Argentina are remaining in the tournament. Now, I am most certainly not an expert at all on anything soccer, but I know enough to conclude that Neymar not being able to play for Brazil is a bad thing. I actually only watched one quarterfinal game since I really haven't had the time to watch the others, so I didn't watch the Brazil vs Columbia game, but that injury looks bad. With arguably their top player gone, Brazil's chances go down dramatically I feel, so I don't think they'll be able to beat Germany. I personally want the Netherlands to take the whole tournament, so I want them to beat Argentina.

So I guess my predictions from here on are as follows. I'll even try and predict the scores. Big Grin

Brazil vs Germany 0-2
Netherlands vs Argentina 1-0

Netherlands vs Germany 2-0

What do you guys think?
thought to make this thread at the start of the tournament but was too lazy to do so Big Grin 

and i wanted brazil to go through but i guess that might not happen with 2 key players going to miss the match thiago silva and neymar while Germany will be at full form and with alot of key players for Germany they might just break through Brazil but i wont predict the scorline about it. And then there's Argentina and Netherlands i don't know how this will go but di maria is injured again but they still have a good squad but have been far from impressive, But the Dutch have been in a full force these year they have got quite a chance too 
But remember Germany is good when it comes to trashing good teams and they have been successful on doing that 
But i am on Argentina side though they make it to the finals or not Big Grin
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
I have been following since day one and yeah I agree that not having your key player on the match against a very good team would cause harm Big Grin
Germany to me seem like they would win the cup. To be honest, from these four teams I actually don't mind any of them winning:
Germany - because of them being my favorite team
Netherlands - because of how they lost on 2010 against Spain, they always get near on winning the cup but never do so
Argentina - because they haven't won the world cup since 1986
Brazil - because the place is their home and how the audience/crowd are expecting them to win
GERMANY SCORES!!! 1-0

EDIT: Germany scores AGAIN within 11 minutes! 2-0! Now if no one makes any more goals my prediction will be correct haha. Big Grin

EDIT 2: ...and a couple of minutes later, Germany scores again! There goes my prediction. 3-0!

EDIT 3: ...less than 2 minutes later, Germany AGAIN! 4-0! Wow! Brazil is really falling apart here. Germany has scored 4 goals in 15 minutes.

EDIT 4: 5-0!!! Germany!!!

EDIT 5: Half-time. It's 5-0, Germany leading. Brazil really needs to find out how to score at least 5 goals without letting Germany scoring one in the second half.

EDIT 6: Second half, about 69 minutes into the game, and Germany scores yet again!!! 6-0!!!

EDIT 7: 78th minute, 7-0!!!

EDIT 8: Brazil finally scores near the end of the game! 7-1!

EDIT 9: And that's game! Germany wins 7-1 against Brazil in a completely one-sided game. Unfortunately, I will not be able to watch the game tomorrow, but hopefully the Netherlands wins.
That was really embarrassing for Brazil....even the crowd started to cheer for Germany..

Germany isn't a team where you can make mistakes or don't play serious against. Brazil has Neymar, Portugal has CR7, Argentina has Messi & Germany has a team.
very true but the game went too far it's embarrassing that the scoreline was totally one sided i predicted something that Germany would win by a few goals but not this much Sad 

i wonder how it will go today between argentina and netherlands
i don't follow any match Big Grin
Well, I didn't get to watch the Netherlands vs Argentina game, but looks like Argentina was able to get a win through the penalty shootout. Now it's Brazil vs Netherlands for the third place match, and Germany vs Argentina for the finals. With my original predictions out the window, I'll just say that Netherlands will win its match and Argentina will win its match. The finals match will be close though, I'm actually not really sure what to expect, especially after that Germany vs Brazil game.

(2014-07-10, 10:31 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i don't follow any match Big Grin

Hahaha, that's okay, isn't football really popular in Turkey though? Also by the way, Ramadan Mubarak! Big Grin
(2014-07-11, 04:25 AM)Lamb Wrote: Well, I didn't get to watch the Netherlands vs Argentina game, but looks like Argentina was able to get a win through the penalty shootout. Now it's Brazil vs Netherlands for the third place match, and Germany vs Argentina for the finals. With my original predictions out the window, I'll just say that Netherlands will win its match and Argentina will win its match. The finals match will be close though, I'm actually not really sure what to expect, especially after that Germany vs Brazil game.

(2014-07-10, 10:31 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i don't follow any match Big Grin

Hahaha, that's okay, isn't football really popular in Turkey though? Also by the way, Ramadan Mubarak! Big Grin

yes really popular however i am not fan of it Big Grin
whom will you guys be with on the match coming ahead ? 

im on argentina for the finals and brazil for the 3rd place
Whoops, forgot to post here.

Looks like Germany took the championship 1-0 over Argentina. It was a pretty good game, that goal from Germany was insane, such a nice goal. Both teams were more or less evenly matched in my opinion. Congratulations to Germany, can't wait for World Cup 2018! Big Grin
will be funny the the next worldo cup Big Grin jjajajaj i can't wait
thanks for your post
In the excitement of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, don't miss the opportunity to upgrade your network infrastructure. Cisco's SD-X45-2GB-E, a 2GB SD Memory Card for Sup 7-E in the Catalyst 4500 Series, ensures optimal performance for your networking needs. As teams vie for victory on the field, let your network achieve its peak performance with this precision-engineered memory solution.